I'm currently upgrading my Verizon 8330 to .131. Since this is a Sprint version, does that mean the GPS will be unlocked?
    05-20-09 08:01 PM
    Got .131 d/l'd and on my desktop...now all I need is the Curve to get here...should be here by tomorrow....IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!

Now all I have to do is get some chick to lick the curve and there ya go...another avatar...
    05-20-09 08:09 PM
    I'm currently upgrading my Verizon 8330 to .131. Since this is a Sprint version, does that mean the GPS will be unlocked?
    No, it won't unlock the GPS on Vzw Curves. I wish it was that easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:20 PM
    Ok, so I've been spending WAY too much time on CB for the last week or so...
    I swore up and down I'd never use a BB...I mean geez, it's just a cell phone...

...HA! Got my first one (8330 - VZW) about two weeks ago, and I am officially addicted. Don't think I'll ever go back to a "dumb" phone. I love it!!!

Anyway, back to topic. I also recently upgraded to .138, everything seems to be ok so far. The only thing I've seen is my fiance' also just started as a BB abuser, and we IM throughout the day with BBM. Lately after we have been chatting for a few, my messages start taking FOREVER to go through, and she thinks I'm not talking and gives up. I get the small clock by her name, which I've read on here is supposed to mean she is busy, but she's on the other end waiting for my reply. Didn't happen till the upgrade. Has you seen any other issues with this on a VZW phone?

Btw, this site is awesome! Thanks to all of you who spend time to figure out how to do all these things. It is been incredibly helpful for a new addict.
    05-21-09 08:51 PM
    Still no go. I tried using DM 4.6 instead of 4.7. I might try the .138 update and see what that does.
    Hmm. So do you have an 8830 and an 8330? Your post kind of threw me off when I seen the device you had bub.
    05-21-09 08:58 PM
    It does it to me too all the time and it's quite annoying. Seems like every OS above .77 has done this with me. I'm on .131 now and it does it.

I believe, I read somewhere that if you go to Manage Connections and turn Mobile Network off then on then the messages will go through.

05-21-09 09:00 PM
    I upgraded to .131 and it lags really bad. I keep getting the spinning hourglass even if the phone is just sitting.
    05-21-09 09:07 PM
    First of all, thanks for the super quick response!

Ah, one of those wonderful "fixes." Not happy it happens to you, but glad its not just my phone...especially since I might've voided my warranty with the unofficial upgrade...hehe. I'll give that a shot.
    05-21-09 09:08 PM
    Yeah, I haven't looked to much into it but I thought I read somewhere about the turning of the radio thing.

05-21-09 09:26 PM
    I have speaker blast every now and then and call delay but not as offten. That is with .77. It just started doing it a couple weeks ago and I've been running it for 6months or so.

05-21-09 11:54 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD