turn off your LED notifications in at least Twitter, that made my curve go all "blink-happy" for a day or so until I figured out that while it will notify you by the LED flashing, that's it, no marker on the icon or notification icon. I just opened the program, ran through friends timeline and public timeline (to attempt to clear everything) and then turned off the LED notification in profiles. Been good ever since.
    04-25-09 09:33 AM
    What is berrybuzz and what does it do exactly?
    Berrybuzz allows you to change the color of the led for different events.. so now if it is blinking green i know it is an email even if i dont get the notification icon (which has caused the blinking in the past for me).. white means i have weather notifications... just makes it easy to see what you have before you even pick up your blackberry
    04-25-09 10:44 AM
    turn off your LED notifications in at least Twitter, that made my curve go all "blink-happy" for a day or so until I figured out that while it will notify you by the LED flashing, that's it, no marker on the icon or notification icon. I just opened the program, ran through friends timeline and public timeline (to attempt to clear everything) and then turned off the LED notification in profiles. Been good ever since.
    I looked and don't see what you mean. I already have my LED notifications turned off through my BB, but I don't see it in Twitter. I guess I have to manually go in there and check it myself???

Also, I did a battery pull this weekend, and it worked great. No blinking light or anything. Then this morning, I realized it would send me this noise notification, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it's notifying me of. It does this randomly throughout the day, but didn't think twice about it until my LED started flashing again.

What on earth is it notifying me of? Twitter perhaps?
    04-27-09 12:24 PM
    Well, I tried checking my Twitter app and tried to get through my updates, etc. and the light is still flashing.

This is getting really annoying because I don't want to have to continually do a battery pull or a soft reset. My last phone—although ended up dying on me after 2 days—never did this.

Anybody?
    04-27-09 02:00 PM
    I am bumping this to see if anybody has any advice other than a battery pull and a soft reset.

Still continuous red LED light...Ugh!
    04-28-09 08:10 AM
    Sometimes it will blink if you have some sort of alert. Like if you have the weatherbug app or some other app. hold ALT/BACK ARROW OK BUTTON and see what apps are running.

Sometimes if I get a myspace and it alerts me I have a new message I'll go read it on the computer. But if I do that the message won't go away on my phone. I go on the phone and read the message on there too but it still stays and won't go away. I have to do a reset and then it goes away.
    04-28-09 08:55 AM
    Sometimes it will blink if you have some sort of alert. Like if you have the weatherbug app or some other app. hold ALT/BACK ARROW OK BUTTON and see what apps are running.

Sometimes if I get a myspace and it alerts me I have a new message I'll go read it on the computer. But if I do that the message won't go away on my phone. I go on the phone and read the message on there too but it still stays and won't go away. I have to do a reset and then it goes away.
    I would almost bet that's what's going on, because I have my Facebook and Twitter apps running, and when I go into those apps directly from my device, I still don't see any notifications or unread notifications or anything like that. I really don't think it's very convenient to have to continuously do a soft reset just to get rid of the blinking red light. It's annoying.

I guess for now, I'll just live with the blinking LED light unless someone else has another recommendation. I may even call BB support via Sprint just to see if they come up with something, as well. I'll keep you posted.
    04-28-09 10:12 AM
    I would almost bet that's what's going on, because I have my Facebook and Twitter apps running, and when I go into those apps directly from my device, I still don't see any notifications or unread notifications or anything like that. I really don't think it's very convenient to have to continuously do a soft reset just to get rid of the blinking red light. It's annoying.

I guess for now, I'll just live with the blinking LED light unless someone else has another recommendation. I may even call BB support via Sprint just to see if they come up with something, as well. I'll keep you posted.
    Well I don't deal with the red light. I figured it out. You just got to figure out the trick with your app. For example on myspace I just click the message on my phone even if I'm going to reply on my computer.

So I never get it anymore. The weather bug sometimes will keep doing it. I'll have a severe weather alert and I'll click it and read it and then it'll do it again but usually after 2 times it stops.

I like the myspace alert because I don't have to keep clicking home on my computer to see if someone wrote me back I just hear my phone ding and I know.

I set a different ring tone for each thing so I can just hear it and know which one it is.
    04-29-09 07:45 AM
    Well I don't deal with the red light. I figured it out. You just got to figure out the trick with your app. For example on myspace I just click the message on my phone even if I'm going to reply on my computer.

So I never get it anymore. The weather bug sometimes will keep doing it. I'll have a severe weather alert and I'll click it and read it and then it'll do it again but usually after 2 times it stops.

I like the myspace alert because I don't have to keep clicking home on my computer to see if someone wrote me back I just hear my phone ding and I know.

I set a different ring tone for each thing so I can just hear it and know which one it is.
    I actually do the same thing. I have different notification alerts on each app (i.e. e-mail, text, FB, calendar reminder, etc.) but there is this ONE alert that I don't recognize and didn't format myself manually. I can't figure it out. It seems that whenever this particular alert notifies me, that's when the LED continues to blink.

Do you think it would be a bad thing to just leave as-is? Since I can't figure it out, and since I don't want to do a soft reset or a battery pull every single time it happens, I may as well just leave it alone. Unless someone else can figure it out. I have tried checking each individual app (FB, Twitter, etc.) and nothing seems to be doing it. Weird.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    04-29-09 12:26 PM
    My red light does the same thing sometimes. I've found that sometimes the server will tell me I have a new voicemail without actually telling me. The light will just start flashing, but when I check my messages it says I have new voicemail. Not sure why it does this! It usually doesn't tell me to check in the messages folder. I just do it on my own. Once I delete the new voicemail thing the red light stops flashing for me.
    04-29-09 12:50 PM
    I actually do the same thing. I have different notification alerts on each app (i.e. e-mail, text, FB, calendar reminder, etc.) but there is this ONE alert that I don't recognize and didn't format myself manually. I can't figure it out. It seems that whenever this particular alert notifies me, that's when the LED continues to blink.

Do you think it would be a bad thing to just leave as-is? Since I can't figure it out, and since I don't want to do a soft reset or a battery pull every single time it happens, I may as well just leave it alone. Unless someone else can figure it out. I have tried checking each individual app (FB, Twitter, etc.) and nothing seems to be doing it. Weird.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I bet it's twitter. I mean you can leave it as is but it's annoying. I'd try to figure it out. It don't really have to be one of the apps you have open either. They still get messages not being open a lot of times.

Might even be a calendar reminder or a task reminder. You got anything on your calendar? Maybe set it for reminder and forgot?
    04-29-09 02:30 PM
    I bet it's twitter. I mean you can leave it as is but it's annoying. I'd try to figure it out. It don't really have to be one of the apps you have open either. They still get messages not being open a lot of times.

Might even be a calendar reminder or a task reminder. You got anything on your calendar? Maybe set it for reminder and forgot?
    Well, you're right.

I finally went into my profiles and went into each and every app to see if I could figure out the notification alert/sound and you're right, it's twitter. I couldn't understand where that notification was coming from and it didn't sound like any of the alerts that I set myself.

I turned off the LED flashing light indicator in the settings, did a soft reset and voila�no more continuous flashing red light!!!

Thanks for your suggestions and advice. I am so glad it was something simple and not something with my device.
    04-30-09 10:42 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD