I have changed my settings to turn the LED indicator light OFF, but yet it's still flashing. It's fully charged, I don't have any unread messages or anything.

Why is it flashing? Is it trying to tell me that something is wrong? My other BB didn't do this, so I'm curious why this replacement is (I had to replace it a few days ago because my other one died).

Thanks.
    04-24-09 08:31 AM
    Try a battery reset if you have not this yet
    04-24-09 08:32 AM
    My phone has done that and I do a soft reset ATL+RIGHT SHIFT+ DELETE and if you do it twice it is a hard reset.
    04-24-09 08:33 AM
    i kno this isnt gonna b any help to you but i was just wondering how do you mean you last blackberry died... i heard some just shut off and never come back on...and this knowledge has me worried.. ...just wanted to know ..thanks
    04-24-09 09:00 AM
    Thomas I think that is what you called and bricked or nuked berry or the berry itself is just defected or needs a new batt.
    04-24-09 09:09 AM
    Other than the LED, is the device working okay? If it is, then it is not nuked or dead BB
    04-24-09 09:40 AM
    okok i got you ..thanks ...but that much i know can happen..i kinda wanted to know what he really meant by that.
    04-24-09 09:41 AM
    i kno this isnt gonna b any help to you but i was just wondering how do you mean you last blackberry died... i heard some just shut off and never come back on...and this knowledge has me worried.. ...just wanted to know ..thanks
    I had my first BB (same model) for only 2 months and one day when I woke up, it literally would not turn on. It was weird. I tried a battery pull, everything. You can read more about my issue here, if that helps.

Hopefully it was just one of those weird flukes and my new one won't have those issues (knock on wood). It was the weirdest thing because even the techs at the Sprint store couldn't figure it out. Oh well.
    04-24-09 10:27 AM
    Other than the LED, is the device working okay? If it is, then it is not nuked or dead BB
    Everything is working perfectly, no issues or anything (knock on wood).

I guess because my other device didn't do this, I am concerned that it's flashing red with a full charge and no unread messages.

I guess it's not a big deal, and since it's working really well and doesn't seem to be any other "issues," if you can call this an issue, then I shouldn't worry?
    04-24-09 10:28 AM
    okok i got you ..thanks ...but that much i know can happen..i kinda wanted to know what he really meant by that.
    He is a she. Hence the name onegirlcreative.
    04-24-09 10:29 AM
    opps...my bad...hehheh my apologies
    04-24-09 10:30 AM
    Everything is working perfectly, no issues or anything (knock on wood).

I guess because my other device didn't do this, I am concerned that it's flashing red with a full charge and no unread messages.

I guess it's not a big deal, and since it's working really well and doesn't seem to be any other "issues," if you can call this an issue, then I shouldn't worry?
    Did you try the battery reset?
    04-24-09 10:33 AM
    I had that issue a couple of times.. I found that I had messages buried in some of the folders that I'd never used.. like Internet requests and other messages. check ALL the message folders for new messages.
    04-24-09 10:39 AM
    oooooo okok ....hmmmm yeah that i wierd wow...that would suck for those of us out of warranty like me lol.damn...thanks tho
    04-24-09 10:44 AM
    opps...my bad...hehheh my apologies
    No worries.
    04-24-09 11:05 AM
    Did you try the battery reset?
    No. Didn't think about that, but I might try to do a soft reset to see if that solves it.
    04-24-09 11:05 AM
    I had that issue a couple of times.. I found that I had messages buried in some of the folders that I'd never used.. like Internet requests and other messages. check ALL the message folders for new messages.
    I don't know/think if that's the issue, mainly because I always delete my messages after they're read, so my messages are pretty much empty at this point.

How would I find these "folders" to see if there are any messages buried there?
    04-24-09 11:07 AM
    Mine randomly starts the LED flashing maybe once a month, for absolutely no reason. I just do a battery pull and it's always fixed. Hopefully it stays that easy!
    04-24-09 11:07 AM
    Well, I just did a soft reset and that seems to have solved the problem (for now). Let's hope it doesn't start up again.

This phone is definitely bipolar.
    04-24-09 11:17 AM
    OK, just when I thought it was fixed, it started up again. It seems to start happening after I make or receive a phone call. Don't know why, but that's what I noticed.

I haven't done a battery pull, but a part of me is wondering if it's such a big deal to just leave as-is. What do you experts think?
    04-24-09 10:14 PM
    This is one reason i broke down and bought berrybuzz.. now when that message light start blinking i can tell what it is for depending on the color.. oh and if you have wetherbug with advisory notifications that was what usually set it off for long periods of time till i disabled that in my profiles
    04-24-09 11:24 PM
    Have you checked to see if your LED coverage indicator is on? It's in Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED coverage indicator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 11:32 PM
    Soft reset, definitely.
    04-25-09 12:31 AM
    Have you checked to see if your LED coverage indicator is on? It's in Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED coverage indicator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I have already done that. I think I mentioned that in the beginning, but yes. That is what is so confusing.

I am going to try another soft reset and see if that fixes it again.

I don't have weatherbug or anything like that. I have twitter and facebook on there, but no notifications. Weird.
    04-25-09 08:42 AM
    This is one reason i broke down and bought berrybuzz.. now when that message light start blinking i can tell what it is for depending on the color.. oh and if you have wetherbug with advisory notifications that was what usually set it off for long periods of time till i disabled that in my profiles
    What is berrybuzz and what does it do exactly?
    04-25-09 08:42 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD