Hi, just wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to forward contact details via sms, mms or email? I would love to know if this is a possiblity. i hate the idea of not being able to forward a contact via one of the messaging vehicles.
    any feedback is appreciated.
    thanks
    07-28-08 12:39 PM
    The only one I know you can do it with is BBM. There might be others though.
    07-28-08 12:40 PM

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to forward contact details via sms, mms or email? I would love to know if this is a possiblity. i hate the idea of not being able to forward a contact via one of the messaging vehicles.
    any feedback is appreciated.
    thanks
    Highlight contact>menu>send as attachment
    07-28-08 12:44 PM
    Hi, Thanks for the reply - however can you tell me how you can forward or attach an existing contact via bbm. I don't see that option.
    07-28-08 12:45 PM
    forgive me... I am not seeing where I can send a contact as an attachment. The only options I am giving is to sms, mms, email or call the contact
    07-28-08 12:50 PM
    never mind I got it now thanks so much!
    07-28-08 12:51 PM
    forgive me... I am not seeing where I can send a contact as an attachment. The only options I am giving is to sms, mms, email or call the contact
    Do not click on the contact. Just highlight it in the list view, then open menu.
    07-28-08 12:52 PM
    I'm not using BBMessenger but rather google mail on a pay-as-you-go GPRS account. When I send a contact as an attachment it automatically attempts to create a BBM with the contact as an attachment to which I am not a subscriber.

I'm new to BB so I may have overlooked something but there does not seem to be a way to forward a contact (phone number or full contact details) as an SMS where it can be saved into the recipient's contacts one their mobile or smartphone for use without manual entry.

This is an operation that even the most rudimentary Nokia can perform so, there must be a way right?
    01-18-09 10:42 AM
    Ok, I just tracked this down on another thread. Contact forwarding is an opertation only available on MMS where the contact can be added as an attachment.

Testing now for attachment compatibility with other phones.

~l
    01-18-09 09:45 PM
    Copy the contacts number and the paste it into the message secton of the screen. I just tried it to send a contacts number via sms
    07-02-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD