Hi again all - I'm posting this on the move, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. My BB is connecting to websites via wi-fi without any problems - I'm currently using Reading Town Hall's wi-fi network ti post this.

However, when I'm away from wi-fi and try to browse websites using the GPRS connection I get an error message saying that browsing is enabled for wi-fi only. Clearly my settings need changing, but I'm not sure which ones. Can someone give me a clue?! Thanks in advance

Greg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:02 AM
    Go through this, I think you might not have it set to switch automatically.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

12-08-08 06:36 AM
    Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how I get on

Greg

12-08-08 06:49 AM
    So, I've checked all the settings, and they seem ok. I've got no problems making normal phone calls, so there are no problems with my sim. It would seem that my sim isn't set up for data though - if anyone has experience of Orange UK and how to set up a BB with Orange I'd love to hear from them!!

Otherwise, I shall ring Orange when I get out of this bloody meeting and pray I speak to someone whoi knows where there at

Greg

12-08-08 09:31 AM
    And the answer? According to Orange customer service, BBs wont work with Orange PAYG sims

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm quite happy to unlock the phone and try a different carrier, i just want to get it up and running for more than text messages and phone calls!!
    12-08-08 01:46 PM
    Ok, well here's an update and an example of good cs from Orange. I rang them up to get my PAYG sim converted to a pay monthly data sim. Cost - �15 a month. Or, says the lady in cs, if i sign up for 18 months, i can have a limited edition Emerald 8320 for �78 (�40 cheaper than i bought my second hand one on Ebay for last week), and a 500 meg package for �12 a month. Bargain, i thought!! So tomorrow, i'll be online properly and not just piggy-backing off my home wireless connection - yay!!

On this occasion, i have to say it's top marks to Orange And tomorrow, look out for my pin changing And a second hand 8320 popping up on Ebay!!
    12-09-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD