Hi!

I'm having trouble connecting my Curve 8330 to my computer to transfer songs and pictures onto it. I plug it into the USB, and it doesn't show up in My Computer... but it says it connected on the BB.

It also can connect to the desktop manager. I just can't access it as a USB drive! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    07-24-09 09:43 PM
    You have to activate Mass Storage mode and have a Micro SD card in the phone.

To make sure that Mass Storage is on go to Options > Media Card and Mass Storage Mode Support should be ON, and Auto Enable Mass Storage mode set to Prompt. When you plug your phone in it should ask if you want to activate Mass Storage Mode, select YES and it will show up as a drive on your PC.
    07-24-09 09:49 PM
    Oh, i do all that. It's all on, and it should work.

I say yes when it shows up on the BB, but then nothing else happens.
    07-24-09 09:51 PM
    I wonder if you might have Mass Storage Mode set to Off. Try this - Options > Media Card > Mass Storage Mode Support = On and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = On or Prompt.

Edit: Wow, type for a minute and a bunch of replies slide in! Ain't it great?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 07-24-09 at 09:55 PM.
    07-24-09 09:52 PM
    If you go to Start: Computer: do you see a removable drive? you can click on that too.. if not, Id say your USB is kinda broken
    07-24-09 09:53 PM
    Try a battery pull on the device and then hook the USB back up and see if it works. Remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace...
    07-24-09 09:55 PM
    I tried those, too... still nothing. It's almost like it disconnects after i say 'yes' to enabling the mass storage device message the second time.
    07-24-09 10:42 PM
    I had probleams with my blackberry not connecting so I tried a few differnt cables and they didn't work n I bought one at the cell store and it worked so theres a idea for ya.
    07-25-09 01:15 AM
    Try a different USB port.
    07-25-09 10:34 AM
    On your PC go to control panel>system and maintenance>device manager>Universal serial bus controllers>USB root hub then double click. Click Power Management in the dialog box that opens. Make sure that Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power is not checked.
    07-25-09 10:46 AM
    You might have a problem with the pc reading the card. Do you have a card reader to see if it is not the card?
    07-25-09 10:54 AM
    I was having a similar issue......DM worked, media manager worked, could not get the pc to recognize the BB as mass storage. All the settings were correct.

I found a post here at Crackberry from a user and in his/she signature referenced some software to address the issue. Guess what... it worked for me. Read the instructions and follow to the letter.

Since I do not have rights to post links search on crackberry for berrymanual

the url is (remove the dot please)

berrymanual dot com/fixing-blackberry-usb-mass-storage/

I hope this helps...........
    08-06-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD