Ok this is on my Desktop running XP AND my Laptop running XP.

Sometimes when I plug the BB Curve 8330 to either one of my computers, it recognizes it no problem. However, there will be other times when I plug it in, and a message appears saying something along the lines of a device being connected that is not recognized. Usually I have to unplug the BB and then plug it back in (sometimes I have to do this a few times) and then it will work.

It does not matter which USB port I attempt this on, it does this on any USB port. I am using the BB USB Cable that came with my phone and it has done this since day one.

Does anyone know why this happens? Why sometimes it recognizes it no problem, other times it doesn't, and this happens on 2 different computers?

TIA,
    Bowers
    04-13-09 12:58 PM
    It's usually a hardware problem. Sometimes when the battery charge is low on the BB and you plug it in, there might not be enough amperage to run the charging and the Desktop Manager. Unplugging and Replugging often works. Rebooting the pc almost always works.
    04-13-09 01:24 PM
    This isn't only a BlackBerry thing. I have had it with other hardware trying to connect to a computer. I have had it happen with wireless mice, printers and other odd hardware. What is happening is that your computer is having a issue with identifying the hardware and the driver to go along with it. I know it is a pain to have to unplug and replug but I've had to do it more than once.
    04-13-09 03:00 PM
    That is correct. It usually works for me.
    04-14-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD