I called T-Mobile USA Blackberry support today to try and fix my Curve which has been freezing alot. The guy told me to run an "Application Loader" which he said he would send to me in an email. He sent me instructions just how to load the latest software, which I already have. He implied that if this didn't work I should send it in and they would send me a new one. Does anyone know what this "application loader" is or if it makes any sense at all? Should I just send it in?
    01-27-08 09:52 PM
    It sounds like he might be wanting you to reload the Operating System, which requires use of Desktop Manager and Application Loader. You will need to download and run Desktop Manager.
    How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

When does your BB freeze... what are you doing?
    What is the file free on your device: Options > Status?
    01-27-08 10:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure I know what he's talking about.
    If you don't have the Blackberry Desktop Manager installed already you can get it from t-mobile.com/bbupgrade click on the "get software" link beside the Curve. enter in your 10-digit mobile number and download the desktop manager from that page (the installation instructions are in a PDF file - the last link on that page).
    After you have that installed connect you BB to the computer using your USB cord.
    double click on Application Loader.
    click next until you get to a page saying that no actions are necessary. there should be an "advanced" button on that page. click that button and select to remove all application data. click next. select yes regarding doing an automatic backup and restore. click finish.
    01-27-08 10:32 PM
    And the user does not need to download and install his handheld OS for this?
    01-27-08 10:41 PM
    not always.
    On the 2nd screen of the application loader it askes what applications they want to install/delete and if they are unable to press NEXT then yes, they do need to download their OS. If they can press NEXT then no, they do not.
    01-27-08 10:45 PM
    I have Desktop Media Manager so he just wants me to re-download the current OS to help stop it from freezing? It freezes pretty much whenever, on messages, media player or browser. For example it froze 5 times yesterday to the point where i had to hold the power button for over a minute or pull the battery.
    01-28-08 07:41 AM
    anglo--when the BB freezes, DO NOT hold the power button down to turn if off. Simply remove the battery, hold for 30 seconds, replace and reboot. That is THE recommended manner from RIM for dealing with those issues. Often powering down will save certain settings on the BB, which at this point, you obviously don't want.
    01-28-08 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD