So I updated to 4.5 today. Previously, I was using Google Sync to sync Google Calendar with my BB, but today I installed Outlook to sync, as well. I figured it would sync the same calendar between all three places.

Guess I was wrong. On the BB, there's a green calendar and a blue calendar. If I go to select calendar, I can see that the blue one is linked to my gmail account, and the green one is the "default calendar." No clue how this happened. Shouldn't the gmail one still be my default calendar? Why did it create 2 calendars?? And how do I combine them back into one?

Totally confused here. Any insight would be really appreciated.
    10-05-08 11:58 PM
    did anyone help you with this? I have the same problem. I want to combine my email account calendar with the default calendar, so I only have one going forward. Thanks for your help.
    11-15-08 09:05 AM
    I found a thread somewhere on here that helped me. I knew I had all the correct info in Outlook, so I just wanted to delete everything off the BB and resync. Far as I can remember, I deleted the all CICAL service books off my BB, then connected the BB to DM. I went into backup/restore and advanced. Find "Calendar - all" and delete it. Then resend your service books and resync with outlook (making sure to set it so it doesn't sync the calendar, but rather copies one-way from outlook to BB).

99% sure this is what I did. But you could also search and find the thread I read. I thought I'd saved it, but didn't.
    11-15-08 04:11 PM
    I found a thread somewhere on here that helped me. I knew I had all the correct info in Outlook, so I just wanted to delete everything off the BB and resync. Far as I can remember, I deleted the all CICAL service books off my BB, then connected the BB to DM. I went into backup/restore and advanced. Find "Calendar - all" and delete it. Then resend your service books and resync with outlook (making sure to set it so it doesn't sync the calendar, but rather copies one-way from outlook to BB).

99% sure this is what I did. But you could also search and find the thread I read. I thought I'd saved it, but didn't.
    11-15-08 04:22 PM
    Whenever you add an email account and/or re-send the service books to your phone the CICAL entries are added. You need to:

Options-->Advanced Options-->Service Book and delete ALL CICAL entries.

If the calendar in your Outlook is corrent then connect your phone and start DM.

Backup and Restore--> Advanced and on the right side locate all the Calendar selections and clear them.

Then do a one way sync between from Outlook to BB.

Remember that whenever you add an email address or re-send the service books to delete the CICAL entries before you sync so it doesn't get messed up.
    11-15-08 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD