I have a Sprint BB 8330 that is activated on the Boost Mobile network. By some weird reason, my PIN enabled me to get a sprint.blackberry.net e-mail address (I'm new at this & didn't know..)

My phone works really well except for the internet & e-mail. If my BIS service is not activated, then how is it possible for me to have a sprint.blackberry.net account? I'm on the $50/month plan if that makes any difference.

I'm so confused. How can I get e-mail on the phone for that address?
    07-22-10 10:23 PM
    Have you called Boost and asked? I have Boost 8330 and have the unlimited blackberry plan. But I pay 60 and had to buy their Boost branded bb. Hopefully they will let you pay 10 more a month and get the full service. Unless it has to do with the blackberry not being Boost. I don't see why it would matter since both are running Sprint /Nextel. But the way corporate politics are it wouldn't surprise me. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 10:42 PM
    I asked & they said I need to get a boost branded blackberry before they'll switch me to the unlimited blackberry plan. From what i heard, it's based on my PIN number; they aren't able to add it to the system, just their own branded BB.
    07-22-10 10:51 PM
    Bummer, if it's any consolation I have never had a more pleasant experience with a carrier than with Boost. Everything has worked well since I got it 8 months ago. And knock on wood but I have only called CS once to confirm a 5 dollar credit and they were great. The 249 seemed a bit much at the time, but after seeing what I have gotten I will never go anywhere else. I have friends locked into 2 year contracts with bb's on other carriers that pay more for less. The only advantage they have is a newer model that does pretty much the same thing. And they are jealous! Best of luck.

07-23-10 12:47 AM
    i also had a problem with a 8350i with boost-- worked great(bought it off ebay) for bout 2-3 wks. then i changed the housing n had probs with it, i had the 50 unlimied but couldnt text or get the web. i agree that payin 250 for a phone was crazy, but i went again on ebay n bought brand new 8330 for 150 with shipping and switched to the $60 plan. havent had any problems since and i have everything. Boost even said if you have an outside phone like the 8350i or 8330, it will work for so long and then have problems, thats why i went with the boost bb8330 new. wont hurt to check it out- pm if you wan the seller i got mine from- i ordered it last wednesday and got it friday mornin via fedex.
    Last edited by cupi26; 07-26-10 at 09:34 PM.
    07-26-10 09:30 PM
    **Update**

I was able to get the internet & mms fixed.

At the moment, I'm not having any issues with it but I can't seem to be able to download the app world application on my computer because the browser keeps crashing..

Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    07-29-10 05:34 PM
    yeah when i use Internet Explorer (FF wont work, it says so) on my Sprint 8330, now with boost's 5.0, IE will recognize it, then not, so i cant get bb appworld. i wish some one would just get it and put it OTA. /rage
    01-17-11 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD