I have my address book in Outlook Express synced with my BB address book. My Outlook book has first and last names as well as display names defined. After syncing the BB, the first and last names are listed as the contact name in the BB address book. With me so far?

If I understand the voice dialing instructions, I have to say "call" and then the contact name.

So lets use my Mom contact as an example. In Outlook, she is listed as Audrey (first name) Legendre (last name) with a display name of Mom. In the BB address book, she gets synced as Audrey Legendre; no option for the display name. To call her via voice dialing, I say "call Audrey Legendre". This does not work because I don't think the voice recognition can figure out the pronunciation of Legendre (Le jond).

Why can't I use the display name as defined in Outlook and say "call Mom"?

My first inclination is to change the Outlook address book entry to first name Mom, no last name. However, if I do this, than I can no longer use the Outlook address book to do mail merge or other tasks requiring the complete and correct contact name.

Is this clear as mud?
    10-19-08 07:01 PM
    this is clear however I think you are lost in the pronunciation
    try pronouncing it wrong see what happens
    10-19-08 07:03 PM
    Mom would work, however, I have found that two names work better. You also have to pronounce things phonetically. My last name is Bonnot (buh no). I have to pronounce it bonnet. If you keep the phonetic in mind, it works quite well. I tried the call mom and that doesn't work very well.
    10-19-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD