When I sync my Curve 8330 with my computer (XP), everything seems to work fine. But if I leave it attached to charge overnight, the next morning the computer is inevitably completely locked up (as in requiring a reboot) and the BB is only half-charged. BTW, I'm using BB Desktop Manager version 5.0.1.28; I think this started happening after I updated from whatever version I had before.

I suppose I could un- and re-install, but I hate doing that because everytime I download a new version of the Desktop Manager it manages to completely mess up my installation of Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 (it seems like the media option within BB overwrites the full suite, and the full suite takes a long time to reload).

For now, I'm syncing and then charging on a wall charger, but that's kind of a PITA.
    02-21-10 06:30 PM
    When pcs go to sleep their usb ports do too. Some don't. You might try and disable the sleep mode and see what happens. I feel like my curve charges quicker with the wall charger or actually the cradle I have for it.
    02-21-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD