I just got a Curve 8330 - I haven't activated it, just thought I would plug it into the computer to set it up with Blackberry Desktop Software. Now when it's plugged into the wall charger, it will show it is charging, but when it is plugged into the computer, it will show charging for about 3 seconds and then the charging symbol will disappear. If you disconnect it and reconnect it, the same thing happens. Blackberry Desktop Software is already installed, so the drivers should be there if the computer could recognize the phone, but absolutely nothing happens at all on the computer when it is plugged in. Every device, when you plug it into a Windows computer, should at least say "found new hardware", even if it can't find the right drivers, but the computer doesn't read that it's plugged in. I've tried it on multiple USB ports, two separate computers, tried restarting the computer, there's an SD card in the phone which it is reading properly, USB Mass Storage support is on. Also already done a Wipe Handheld in case it was software related, but there was no change. It seems like it would be the USB port itself, but it charges just fine! Anyone know what's going on?
    06-20-11 04:19 PM
    Other then going into the computer settings, device manager and seeing what pops up under USB not sure what to tell you. Could be a bad or corrupt USB driver. If unknown device pops up for it under USB i would try to remove it, unplug and wait a minute, then plug it back into the computer and try to force it to install new USB drivers. Thats the only thing i can think of.

If you using a USB hub, unplug the power to that as well as from the coputer. I have had a few instances of a 7 port and a 4 port powered usb hub not working right. After unplugging that, and unplugging the power, waiting and re-connecting it, the BB finally worked.
    06-20-11 04:57 PM
    Having same issues but with my BB9900. Thanks for your help...
    12-04-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD