Yeh Im thinking t mo doesnt allow emails with SMS, but as I said, it has the option with MMS, but then you got the whole character issue blah blah blah, mms are not entirely reliable to certain people or having mms come thru to me etc.. I have barely used mms anyways, maybe twice in 2.5 yrs LOL.. but it sounds as if its a carrier or perhaps cdma vs gsm thing.
    Seems like ur right rachel.... the bb plan IS 19.99. I just found it... idk what that rep was thinking when she told me that they have gone up... ridiculous.

And thanx for all u guys help with this issue... i guess i'll just have to live with receiving email alerts, and not being able to send emails reliably...
    12-02-08 03:15 PM
    I knew it was there somewhere LOL

About a month ago, someone here started a thread saying tmo was upping thier plans and services, and posted a link to some dinky looking website, it didnt look right to me, as the combined prices they had listed for services ie unlimited text and BB add on was 35.00.. yeh well thats what it is now if you add those together LOL so I did call Tmo and spoke to a rep, who had no idea what the page was I referring too, nor had he heard of increases, so yeh.

Glad ya found it though.. check out the email plan too for 10 bucks if you dont want to shell out the 20 for the full service.
    12-02-08 03:20 PM
    also may i add, that i have read online (havent witnessed however) that ppl can indeed send emails via sms by just putting the email addresses in the field instead of a phone number.

again.... i dont know how far this is true. but i have read "how to's" on this
    That will only work with certain model phones and is due to the fact that the phones software issending the message to 500 due to settings so it is doing the procedure for you - my old Treos used to work that way and it was a setting in the sms options area, but for fones that don't have that capability like the BlackBerry and also most other models you have to do it manually as in sending message To: 500 and the place the email first in your message followed by a space and then your message. T-Mobile's servers will hold the proper return address for replies to you phone via sms for about three days before the reply link is lost and after that period someone would have to reply to [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:58 PM
    It works for me - just tried it using 500 and the email in body followed by space and then your message.

12-02-08 04:03 PM
    It works for me - just tried it using 500 and the email in body followed by space and then your message.

I have the curve 8320 with 4.2.2.180 OS.. I dont know why its not working for me

again,
    i started typed "500" from the home screen --> pressed menu --> selected "SMS text 500" --> typed my gmail address followed by a space, followed by "test"...... and i did not get an email in my inbox in gmail

I think it has to do with the phone model or the OS i am using
    12-03-08 04:43 AM
    Holy crap.. the 500 thing works for me now.... i woke up this morning and found out the emails i sent yesterday via the 500 service are in my gmail. I just sent another email, and i received in on my pc almost instantly... i guess it was just taking some time because yesterday was the first time i sent an sms to 500
    12-03-08 06:11 AM
    Awesome. i'm glad it's working for you now. It's a handy little feature!

12-03-08 06:15 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD