is it common for the usb port to get loose/work not as good or properly overtime with charging and syncing? i just noticed mine to get a little bit loose last week and was wondering if this is a common problem with the 83xx? i just went out and bought a charging pod today as well knowing that it doesn't use the usb port to charge
    09-15-09 08:03 PM
    What can happen is the solder joints can snap inside the device. It is a surface mount part so no real strain relief. To me that was poor design, but anyways.

Basically you need to buy the part and have it replaced. Although I have never inspected one myself, I suspect buying a replacement may not always be necessary. Most likely the solder just has to be applied again by a trained expert.
    09-15-09 08:10 PM
    yeah i already knew that from some google searches. i'm just asking if its a common problem on the 83xx devices. anyone know?
    09-15-09 08:41 PM
    Yes, it's a common problem.
    09-15-09 08:48 PM
    Unfortunately, it is. I wish bluetooth support was better in Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:54 PM
    This is why at work when me manufacture things with USB ports we get the ones with the metal tabs that go through the PCB. That way we don't have to worry about strain relief, it's built in.
    09-15-09 08:58 PM
    This is why at work when me manufacture things with USB ports we get the ones with the metal tabs that go through the PCB. That way we don't have to worry about strain relief, it's built in.
    yeah bb should totally do that as well
    09-15-09 10:06 PM
    Charging on a dock charger is the way to help relieve the problem. Only use usb when updating/backing up on DM. I've had that sa.e issue on 2 other curves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD