So I just sent my phone away today to be colorwared- I know the site says it takes up to 2 weeks to color and ship back. Just wondering if anyone who has actually gotten it done got it back any sooner than that? Thanks!
    Last edited by Angela2797; 01-31-09 at 03:28 AM.
    01-30-09 06:52 PM
    Its my phone she's colorwaring btw...just thought I'd chime in with that. I'm lookin forward to seeing how it turns out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 07:21 PM
    Its my phone she's colorwaring btw...just thought I'd chime in with that. I'm lookin forward to seeing how it turns out!

Nobody asked you. . .thread hijacker
    Last edited by Angela2797; 01-30-09 at 07:27 PM.
    01-30-09 07:24 PM
    Never used the service myself as bad as I want to..But I have read about people ordering parts from them and it coming with in a matter of days.. So keep your fingers crossed..

And post some pics of it..I know alot of us will love to see it.

Hope this helped
    01-31-09 05:32 AM
    So I just sent my phone away today to be colorwared- I know the site says it takes up to 2 weeks to color and ship back. Just wondering if anyone who has actually gotten it done got it back any sooner than that? Thanks!
    Mine took LONGER than two weeks, CS sucked, they promised me a week, and then had no answers as to why it took over 2 weeks, even though i paid for overnight shipping both ways.

Oh yea and then in not even a month, the rail and near the batter cover it started peeling. Always in a gelskin and had a screen shield on, and never dropped. called my not so helpful friends at colorware, and all they could say is, well you can put a work order for it and if it's defective we'll fix it and if it's not, you will have to pay for it to be fixed. God knows how long it would have taken them to even look at it. I never sent it in, they said at least 2 weeks.

Very bitter because of my 190+ pricetag, and now ******** looking "custom" paintjob that was peeling, I got a BeckyMae instead. I sent her a picture of the pink i wanted, she matched it. I got glitter coat, and high gloss. The housing comes in in about a week, and she even sends you a pic on what it looks like before she ships to make sure you like it. It comes with the COMPLETE housing(including midplate). i prefer my beckymae 100xxxx over the colorware!! hers even look and feel better! (if i posted pics side by side of the colorware job and the becky mae housing...i guarantee you would like the beckymae better!) I actually just ordered a pale yellow from her, again i sent her the color yellow i wanted and i wanted high gloss and glitter coat I thought it would be cute for the spring. I can get 3 housings for the price of the one colorware.

I hope you have a better experience than I(and i know others have as well), but IMHO, it was probally the biggest waste of money and also most frustrating process/experience i have ever been through.
    01-31-09 06:50 AM
    I had my curve custom painted by Colorware and they did a fantastic job on my phone. Their customer service was outstanding as well. However, about a month ago I noticed my side railing was starting to peel. I contacted Coloware and explained to them what was happening to the phone and I was told to send it back to them. They replaced the side railing and sent my curve back to via overnight FedEx shipping. Colorware products looks like they came directly from Rim, not faceplate that were just painted another color. My interaction with Colorware was superb. Remember, Colorware has a one year warranty on their products.

01-31-09 07:28 AM
    Uh oh, well I'll hope for a good experience like quadchick10 had since I already shipped my phone away! Thanks for replying, and I'll definitely post some pictures once I get my phone back!!
    01-31-09 02:48 PM
    Angela good luck on being without your curve for that long. I went two and a half days without mine when I sent it off to them. I was going nuts!! What color are you having your curve painted?

01-31-09 04:45 PM
    Angela good luck on being without your curve for that long. I went two and a half days without mine when I sent it off to them. I was going nuts!! What color are you having your curve painted?

My boyfriend gave me his 8320 after he upgraded to the 8900- and I haven't activated it yet because I didn't want to be without a phone (and I didn't want to get addicted and have to send it away)- so I'm not going through withdrawal right now lol. My avatar right now is what it's going to look like- yellow all over, except my bf put a black keyboard and trackball on it- I'm very excited!!!
    01-31-09 05:41 PM
    My boyfriend gave me his 8320 after he upgraded to the 8900- and I haven't activated it yet because I didn't want to be without a phone (and I didn't want to get addicted and have to send it away)- so I'm not going through withdrawal right now lol. My avatar right now is what it's going to look like- yellow all over, except my bf put a black keyboard and trackball on it- I'm very excited!!!
    Its going to be difficult to see my precious 8320 turned into this lady device. But whatever makes my baby happy!! Lookin forward to seeing it.
    01-31-09 05:45 PM
    Its going to be difficult to see my precious 8320 turned into this lady device. But whatever makes my baby happy!! Lookin forward to seeing it.
    Lol "lady device". You've got your 8900 though, and you love it. Let it go. . .
    01-31-09 05:47 PM
    Goodbye precious 8320...we had some good times..

Remember when we just spend the day on the beach, and i was just typing away on your little keyboard, song lyrics, wikipedia, crackberry.

Goodbye my sweet flower
    01-31-09 05:50 PM

Remember when we just spend the day on the beach, and i was just typing away on your little keyboard, song lyrics, wikipedia, crackberry.

Goodbye my sweet flower
    Oh wow- your addiction is worse than I thought
    01-31-09 05:53 PM
    She's right, let it go. I'm sure your ex curve will be with you in spirit LOL You two are too funny! Well, I know you are going to love your customized curve!
    01-31-09 06:08 PM
    It took 10 days exactly for my 8330 curve to be returned...They did a good job and I dropped it resently and it chipped on the back...

I contacted them they said they would repaint it if I wanted it to sent it back in...well I might when the cdma bold comes out...but for right now nope...

Colorware ended up giving me my paint job half off since they broke my side rail and also found the screws on my order but they were very professional and cs was very helpful...
    Last edited by MsRandall; 02-07-09 at 09:25 AM.
    01-31-09 06:23 PM
    ...They broke your siderail?

01-31-09 09:20 PM
    Yep...but the Manager made it right...sent the replacement screws and side rail overnight and discounted the service...
    02-07-09 09:27 AM
    Woo hoo! I got my phone back today (I shipped it out on 1/30 so it only took about 11 days.) I'm happy with the overall job they did- except my entire phone was supposed to be painted and they left the siderails black. I called them back and got a refund for the extra $15 that cost me (I really didn't want to ship it back and I think it looks pretty good as is). Here's some pictures of my new colorwared 8320!
    Last edited by Angela2797; 02-10-09 at 03:29 AM.
    02-09-09 01:05 PM
    ooh, the yellow looks nice. i just sent mine off today to be painted white (siderails still black), and i'm having a little buyer's remorse right now.

i'm going to miss my phone. i hope it doesn't take the full two weeks!
    02-16-09 02:31 PM
    ooh, the yellow looks nice. i just sent mine off today to be painted white (siderails still black), and i'm having a little buyer's remorse right now.

i'm going to miss my phone. i hope it doesn't take the full two weeks!
    Ha, I was having buyer's remorse too- especially when I found out about BeckyMae- but when I got it back I am 100% happy with the final product and am just considering it a nice gift for myself. :-) White will look nice, post some pics when you get it back!!
    02-17-09 01:30 AM
    it looks sweet with the black side rails....
    Looks sort of like racing stipes ^_^

I think that is better than if it was all yellow
    02-17-09 06:00 AM

Goodbye my sweet flower
    LMMFAO, now that's an addict.
    02-17-09 08:36 AM
    Ha, I was having buyer's remorse too- especially when I found out about BeckyMae- but when I got it back I am 100% happy with the final product and am just considering it a nice gift for myself. :-) White will look nice, post some pics when you get it back!!
    i'm reminding myself that i've spent a lot more money on trivial things...and i really wanted this! i will definitely post pictures when i get it. good to hear so many people are satisfied with colorware.

but daaang, i miss my phone. i really wish they'd just send the casing instead of making you sending in your phone.
    02-17-09 11:05 AM
    it looks sweet with the black side rails....
    Looks sort of like racing stipes ^_^

I think that is better than if it was all yellow
    Yeah, I definitely love it. Plus with the sides being left black it's still got that rubbery texture, so it doesn't slip out of my hands.
    02-17-09 04:41 PM
    What is the cost of this service?

02-17-09 05:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD