So today I think I'm going to attempt to change the color of my trackball. Does anything think this is a bad idea?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:58 AM
    If you've never done it before, I would have a spare on hand. You can buy trackballs for like $8 and they sell colored ones too. If the trackball gives you any problems during disassembly, you will have another to fall back on, instead of having a BB with no trackball...
    08-11-09 11:01 AM
    Ok thanks cuz I was watching some videos on youtube and while they were doing it they weren't careful or gentle with anything. So that's why I'm hesitant

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:06 AM
    It is very easy to do but you should buy one of the plastic case opening tools. It then becomes a simple process of popping off the ring around the trackball, turning the berry upside down to let the trackball fall out, dropping in your new trackball (little protrusion sideways) and popping the ring back on (middle prong down with two side prongs - no prong on top). I've done it many times and it is really a very simple thing to do.
    08-11-09 11:07 AM
    The trackball comes out very easy, there is three tabs on the silver ring that holds in in at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock, using a small pocket screwdriver pry the ring off in those locations and the trackballl will pop right out. Now the tricky part is removing the trackball from the little magnetic rollers, that's where the problems seem to happen, people have a hard time getting the very tiny magnetic rollers back in place...
    08-11-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD