I picked up a pink housing for my girlfriends 8310 and was going to install it this morning but noticed the screen is popping up at the bottom by the call and end call buttons. It looks like there's 2 little pieces of adhesive that hold it down. It's up about an 1/8 of an inch or so and won't stay down. I was thinking of glueing it down but thought about taking it off all the way and finding some very thin 2 sided tape and trying that. Any thoughts?
    09-13-08 09:39 AM
    I don't see how it could hurt. Glue might be getting a little dangerous though.
    09-13-08 10:29 AM
    Didn't the new housing include a new foam adhesive piece? Mine did that I bouight from cnn.cn. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 10:33 AM
    you need a new lens. the one on the faceplate is warped.

i've ran into this a couple of times, usually due to shipping in warm climates as the acrylic used for the lens seems to be sensitive to high heat.

if you doubt me, look closely at the left and right edges and notice how the lens pulls away from the faceplate while the housing is assembled... you can press down on the lens and it will temporarily adhere itself to the faceplate then slowly break the adhesive and pull back again.

a true lens will fix your issue.
    09-13-08 11:12 AM
    this happened to me..and i went to walmart and got addehisve for plastic.. comes in a little tub. was like 97 cent. and it worked perfect.. and dint mess my phone up either
    09-13-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD