I just got my new 8320 unlocked, using it with att and the wifi seems to work fine, however I can not access my Gmail the page comes up and freezes. other than that I dont know how confingure this phone. Is there any where on this site a step by step instruction on what to do when you are using the 8320 with att?? It also says edge on the upper right corner, what is edge? Can any one please tell me what to do to configure this thing to work flawless, or did I just waste my money??? Oh and by the way I dont have a data plan and not planning to get one, too steep. I just want to use it for its Wifi.
    Thanks guys
    01-27-08 12:00 PM
    Edge is AT&T's network. From what I read on a similar thread here...you can't access email without a data plan.
    Read this: What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Also, try a search on the forums using the key words 8320 Wifi...you'll find more info on your topic. You've made a wise choice with the Curve...now use the forums to guide you in the right direction and you'll be up and running in no time. I would suggest getting a data plan though, otherwise you're not making full use of your device and that's a shame!
    01-29-08 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD