Firstly Hello everyone!
    i got my First BB yesterday and i love it. got a 8320 Curve.
    however theirs a few things i havnt figured out yet so any help would be appreciated. firstly when i look at my running apps(Alt+esc) it shows:

Call Log
    Browser
    Messenges
    BlackBerry Messenger...

is it posible to close these? because no matter what i do they dont seem to disappear for the task list. ive tried to click Close in the menu etc. but nothing seems to happen am i missing something!!?

the second one is i cant seem to install WLM it tells me my device isnt compable or something (but ill be happy for the moment if i can just fix this task thing)
    08-06-08 10:12 AM
    You cannot close out those apps... they always run in the background!!

Do you have a data plan??

Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    08-06-08 10:15 AM
    Welcome to CB.

These programs cannot be closed, and will run in the background at all times. It is a good idea to close out all others app to save memoury.
    08-06-08 10:15 AM
    There are 5 apps that will always be running in the background. You cannot "close" them per se. They are: phone, browser, BBM, messages, and home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:16 AM
    Dang! Jenay wins again.

08-06-08 10:17 AM
    Dang! Jenay wins again.

Lol..... BMC beat both of us this time.
    08-06-08 10:19 AM
    On the wap site it showed you then me. When I refreshed, he was ahead of us both.

08-06-08 10:26 AM
    ah ok cheers i figured it was probably something like that.
    i have an unlimited plan (no idea why they call it that im limited to 250mb)
    but i can addon to it if i need to .

my MSN problem seems strange to say the least.
    if i goto the h**P://blackberry.com/livemessenger on my blackberry i follow though and agree to the Terms and conditions, i them get "Sorry, your device does no meet the system requirements that are needed to support windows live messenger" which is strange because ive seen people post they have live messenger on 8320, also yahoo works for me but id prefer msn as thats where most my contacts are! or are their any other free alternatives if thier is no way of getting msn to work?
    08-06-08 10:29 AM
    There are 5 apps that will always be running in the background. You cannot "close" them per se. They are: phone, browser, BBM, messages, and home screen.

In addition to what you just listed, I also have myfavs running. I have T-Mobile so myfavs will probably always run.
    Last edited by Nick917; 08-30-08 at 09:01 PM.
    08-06-08 10:37 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    08-06-08 10:53 AM
    ah ok cheers i figured it was probably something like that.
    i have an unlimited plan (no idea why they call it that im limited to 250mb)
    but i can addon to it if i need to .

my MSN problem seems strange to say the least.
    if i goto the h**P://blackberry.com/livemessenger on my blackberry i follow though and agree to the Terms and conditions, i them get "Sorry, your device does no meet the system requirements that are needed to support windows live messenger" which is strange because ive seen people post they have live messenger on 8320, also yahoo works for me but id prefer msn as thats where most my contacts are! or are their any other free alternatives if thier is no way of getting msn to work?

I have just checked the URL and it is designed for downloading from a computer, not a BlackBerry.

When you have finished reading and accepting the terms of service, connect your BlackBerry with a USB cable. The install will take place on your device.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-06-08 at 11:22 AM.
    08-06-08 11:20 AM
    Hey stoner,
    yes i thought that, but i get the exact same responce when using it on my PC (both in firefox and internet explorer).
    08-06-08 01:03 PM
    soz to double post..
    just to addon that Gtalk(gmail) and Yahoo Messenger both work, but WLM does not want to install
    08-06-08 02:08 PM
    In addition to what you just listed, I also have call logs and myfavs running. I have T-Mobile so myfavs will probably always run, but I can't seem to close call logs??????
    Call Logs and "phone" are the same thing. Those will always run. Along with BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, and Messages.
    08-06-08 03:04 PM
    Call Logs and "phone" are the same thing. Those will always run. Along with BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, and Messages.

....and MyFavs as well.....for only T-Mobile of course.
    08-06-08 03:09 PM
    soz to double post..
    just to addon that Gtalk(gmail) and Yahoo Messenger both work, but WLM does not want to install
    Pretty sure you need the 4.5 os to run WLM, but it could be carrier specific........
    08-06-08 03:11 PM
    soz to double post..
    There's a way around the "incompatible device" error message you're getting. Search the forums for Windows Live Messenger and you'll find it.

A word of caution, however: I used the work-around technique on my Curve. It seemed to work like a charm. But an hour after I installed it, I started getting "app. error 200" errors - which means the OS has become corrupted. I had to wipe my BB and reinstall everything.

I don't know for sure if the problem is with WLM. In fact I'll go so far as to say that it seems unlikely, given that others have are using it just fine. But when I reloaded all my apps, I installed everything except WLM and my BB is working just fine now.
    08-06-08 03:12 PM
    Pretty sure you need the 4.5 os to run WLM, but it could be carrier specific........
    It's carrier specific. I have OS 4.3 and I installed it on my Sprint 8330.
    08-06-08 03:23 PM
    well im going to contact my carrier and see if its their end.
    thank you all for your replys ill update this thread with any info i get from my carrier
    08-06-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD