is there a way where i can disassemble the trackball housing and clean the ball itself so it looks the way it looked like day 1?
    07-20-09 07:48 PM
    Youtube has videos for replacing the ball. I replaced mine its easy to get out but I don't recall a way to completley remove the ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 08:23 PM
    That doesn't make sense but watch the replacement videos or go to ebay to buy a new ball and you'll understand

07-20-09 08:27 PM
    There's a way to remove the ball from the mechanism, but chances are you won't be able to get it put back together correctly. It's truly a pain in the rear. And it's impossible to get it perfect again like it was on day 1 due to the porous design of it.
    07-20-09 08:32 PM
    I have cleaned and replaced my trackball. Both were easy peasy. To clean the track ball, I took a q-tip and made is slightly damp. I had that track ball for over a year. Then I just ordered a new one. It took literally 5 seconds to open, pop out the old and put in new. After awhile, stuff gets under and in, and a new one is necessary.
    07-20-09 08:54 PM
    There is a thread in the tips and how to forum. Its titled "how to remove and clean your trackball" it gives step by step instuctions how to remove a break down utill it is the ball itself. And how to mix a good cleaning solution. Have not used it myself but I hope it works for you.

07-20-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD