Hello

I just got the 8320 the day and signed with t-mobile. My plan is 300 myFaves(39.99), 400 txt msgs (4.95), and unlimited internet e-mail (9.99). I spoke to a rep that says that I can surf web with the e-mail part and I said " even without the 19.99 data plan". She said the e-mail portion includes data but I think she's mistaken.

All I really need to know is this: Will I be charged anything for e-mail above the 9.99? Also, once the phone was activated I noticed that some other apps appeared, namely the facebook app. Do I get charged for that or does that fall under internet email plan for 9.99? because from what the rep says it sounds like that part should be covered.

Thanks
    03-27-08 03:30 PM
    Mmm I think your email package might come with a little bit of data.. but it's easy to go over.

Facebook is free but it's data, I think.

I'm not too familiar with T-Mo since I have AT&T but maybe you should get the unlimited internet plan.

Welcome to CB though!
    03-27-08 03:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure you won't have full web usuage with just the e-mail package. Well not for free at least, I think you will see additional charges on your bill for data usage. When I talked with a rep that is what I was told, so you may want to call back or go to another store and confirm with another rep once again. Hope this helps you a little bit...and welcome to CB!!!
    03-27-08 03:33 PM
    I have the 19.99 data plan. With that you get internet and email. You can also you the facebook feature too if you're into that. It just seems like a waste to have a blackberry and hot have a data plan. If you're using it only for email, that's fine but it's only 10 bucks more for the rest of the functions too.
    03-27-08 03:35 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I just got off the phone with t-mobile and was told that I do have the 19.99 data plan even though I requested the 9.99 e-mail plan. It was set up through a third party company so they must have made the mistake (or wanted more commission). I'll probably just keep it as it is.

Thanks again.
    03-27-08 04:18 PM
    You're better off with the internet plan!

Trust me, it's a worthwhile investment!
    03-27-08 04:20 PM

For the $10 diff, keep it... decide you don't want it later, get rid of it. (bet ya won't)lol
    03-27-08 04:22 PM

definitely agree!
    03-28-08 03:48 AM
    Welcome Newbie!!! =]
    03-28-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD