I realize there are a lot of "who can unlock" posts out there, but I'm in a bind and my internet is currently so slow (working through VPN on a slow connection as it is) it is taking way too long to search the forums properly, so I apologize.

I'm out of the country and I had my 8900 stolen today, and along with it my wallet and some other items. While I could really use my wallet back, I also need a working phone while here. I have an 8310 on me, but it is locked and I need it unlocked for the SIM here. Problem is, I'm very short on funds after having to cancel credit cards, and also don't have much choice on payment options. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, reputable unlocking service? In the past I've always used CellUnlock, but that's not an option for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

(edit, I should mention the 8310 is locked to AT&T and I'm currently on T-Mobile (and a prepaid SIM here) so calling AT&T for an unlock code is not an option as I do not have service with them)
    Last edited by rdsammons; 10-07-09 at 11:58 AM. Reason: missing information
    10-07-09 11:57 AM
    I don't know if you have paypal but you can go on ebay and purchase an unlock code from the sellers. I just unlocked my BB 8310 yesterday in 3 minutes. U pay, send in the info they require and get the code and instructions on how to enter.

Price was $2.95 USD

I'll pm you a link
    10-07-09 12:58 PM
    Sorry to hear about your situation..Whats considered expensive though?
    10-07-09 03:49 PM
    I realize there are a lot of "who can unlock" posts out there, but I'm in a bind and my internet is currently so slow (working through VPN on a slow connection as it is) it is taking way too long to search the forums properly, so I apologize.

I'm out of the country and I had my 8900 stolen today, and along with it my wallet and some other items. While I could really use my wallet back, I also need a working phone while here. I have an 8310 on me, but it is locked and I need it unlocked for the SIM here. Problem is, I'm very short on funds after having to cancel credit cards, and also don't have much choice on payment options. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, reputable unlocking service? In the past I've always used CellUnlock, but that's not an option for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

(edit, I should mention the 8310 is locked to AT&T and I'm currently on T-Mobile (and a prepaid SIM here) so calling AT&T for an unlock code is not an option as I do not have service with them)
    As a customer, email us the imei to [email protected] and we will email you the unlock code.
    10-07-09 06:17 PM
    Thank you! Email has been sent...you are a life saver!
    10-07-09 06:23 PM
    Thank you! Email has been sent...you are a life saver!
    You're very welcome! Unlock code sent. Hope things get sorted out fast for you.
    10-07-09 06:25 PM
    I don't get it....
    For several years now I have been able to unlock Windows Mobile (HTC) smartphones by downloading a program from the xda-developers site. This is my first experience with a Blackberry - it seems that everyone has their hand out asking for $$ to generate the unlock codes. wassup?
    10-17-09 08:40 AM
    HTC is one of the few companies that have a way to get around paying for unlock codes..much like the Iphone or the older Nokias.

Blackberry's are a new breed altogether, they don't unlock for free, they run EVERYTHNG (internet access wise) through a global Blackberry integrated server that RIM owns. They're not the only company that doesn't give out free codes though. They actually sell/give the unlock codes to the carriers in the US to distribute when customers ask. Us Canadians don't even have that luxury..we have no choice but to pay
    10-17-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD