Hi, I have a red blackberry pearl that I love to death. But my boyfriend wants to get on my t-mobile myfaves plan with me and wants the cheapest price for the phone, seeing as it's $250 right from t-mobile. We've checked eBay and can't find any decent prices.

He could get on a totally new plan by himself and get the phone for $0.01 or something like that through amazon, but he can't get on my plan with me, which would save us both about $10 a month. My contract is for 2 years, so I figured it comes out about dead even if he just bought the phone through the actual t-mobile site.

Anybody know of anywhere pretty cheap where you can buy a new (or used) blackberry curve for myfaves? Doesn't need to be unlocked. Just myfaves capable.

Thanks!
    01-27-08 10:34 AM
    How much were you looking to pay?
    01-27-08 10:37 AM
    about $200 or less..around $100-150?
    01-27-08 10:51 AM
    I'd like to know as well. Love my Pearl but I want a Curve now, preferably 8310. I want GPS not Wi-Fi.
    01-27-08 11:41 AM
    New and unlocked it has a retail value of about $500. Cheapest place for that would be mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=22765 for $489.99. Used/unboxed items can be found on ebay for about $350 w/ shipping, give or take $20... Your local craigslist is probably the cheapest option you have where one will set you back around $300.

Keep in mind when T-Mobile sells a phone with a contract they are essentially losing money on the phone sale (why it's so cheap for you). Hope that helps.
    Last edited by _olly_; 01-27-08 at 03:08 PM.
    01-27-08 03:02 PM
    Unless you're willing to settle on the quality of the handset (scratches, dings, etc) you're cheapest bet is probably going to be direct from TMobile for the reasons stated above. Contract prices for phones take into account the fact that you're locked into the carrier. They're willing to take a hit on the hardware to get the monthly income.

One thing I don't get though is if you're adding him to your plan, that's a new line, isn't it? Why can't he/you get the discounted price for adding a line? Or do you already have a free line on your plan? And if so have you checked with TMo about potential discounts for an existing line? I got my Curve for the same price as a new contract even thought I wasn't due for an upgrade yet.
    01-27-08 03:24 PM
    amazon and walmart.com let you pay $75 for the phone with a new plan, but doesn't offer phone insurance but the pearl does. boyfriend needs to get phone insurance on it, but nobody offers it except from t-mobile. any ideas why?
    01-27-08 03:46 PM
    I had a samsung trace t519 and had it for 11 months and it finally broke in half since it was the thinnest phone on the market at the time and come finding out i still had another 13 months. I couldnt upgrade and finally after calling t mobile and explaining the sitution and they wouldnt help me. I have spend hours talking to different reps and finally one rep was nice enough to make some changes where i can get another phone for cheap. I have looked at walmart and all the websites, they were over 300.00 for cheap ole phones. I was like, okay, i went to t mobile in long beach, ca (while working on an aircraft job) and paid 344.00 walk out the door for a blackberry 8320. I choked on the price then when i came home and looked it up everywhere, its running 400-500 dollars for a 8320. It sucks paying high dollar for an item that i dont usually pony up the money for, but now its worth it at the end.
    01-27-08 09:05 PM
    With some patience and a couple of losses I managed to snag a lnib 8310 on ebay for 220.00 after shipping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-08 02:26 PM
    you guys could also look on ur city's craigslist page. www_craigslist_org.
    01-30-08 12:06 PM
    I noticed that on the AT&T Premiere site they have refurbished curves for $99.00 without new contract. Of course you need to get access to the site by providing a work or school email address. You also need to have an active AT&T account. I just got a red curve that looks like and has the same warranty as a new one. Hope this helps.
    01-30-08 02:50 PM
    well you should always check with the retail stores. I was able to add a line to my plan and receive my Curve for free basically. All I had to do was pay the tax on the phone aprox. 33.84
    01-30-08 06:31 PM
    I bought mine like new open box on Craigslist from a woman who didn't care to learn how to use it. The average pricew locally is $250.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-08 06:57 PM
    I just got mine on a plan for free after $75 rebate from LetsTalk.com
    01-30-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD