I have a blackberry curve 8300 and i noticed that it won't charge at all. The charging input has 3 missing gold strands (from comparing with another curve). Any Ideas how I can fix this or a company who can fix it?

I've been charging my battery with my pearl and switching off. its alot of work..i need help
    07-07-08 02:42 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 8300 and i noticed that it won't charge at all. The charging input has 3 missing gold strands (from comparing with another curve). Any Ideas how I can fix this or a company who can fix it?

I've been charging my battery with my pearl and switching off. its alot of work..i need help
    What's your warranty situation homes?
    07-07-08 02:43 PM
    How old is your curve? Insurance? Sounds like you need a new port. This may be easier than sending your bb away:
    Accessory Review: Charging Pod for BlackBerry Curve | CrackBerry.com
    07-07-08 02:48 PM
    I had same problem with mine. Since I had it only for few months, I called AT&T to replace it under warranty. They refused claiming it is physical damage, and as such is not covered.

I found an outfit called "drcellphone dot com" that will replace charging port for $75.00, parts and labor.

Before sending it out I decided to take it to the local AT&T store. They told me same thing about "physical damage" and such, but replaced the phone, "one time only, as a courtesy".
    07-28-08 10:03 PM
    Get the dock charger.
    07-29-08 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD