I should also add that you have to pair your phone to the computer for it to conect to BB desktop manager...

On my computer I have a bluetooth icon in my control panel. Click on it and go to the option to connect new device. Make sure your phone is in discoverable mode and the computer will find it... follow directions to pair your phone to computer.

hope that helps....
    Corey
    09-07-09 03:49 PM
    if your phone is not paired to your computer the bluetooth connection option will be grayed out. Even if the computer has BT capability.
    Last edited by goodB0Y; 09-07-09 at 03:57 PM.
    09-07-09 03:51 PM
    if your phone is not paired to your computer the bluetooth connection option will be grayed out.
    I tried pairing my phone to the pc just before you suggested this and it didn't find any connection other than my actual bluetooth.

You and others have been very helpful.
    I have learned a lot today and at least I can go into the repair shop as
    an informed person...AND...if worst comes to worst and it can't be repaired i can still use my BB with a docking station...one thing about BB's there are ways around just about anything....thx
    09-07-09 03:58 PM
    You can MAKE a ghetto 'cradle' for your Blackberry, we usually call this 'hot charging' as normally it bypasses the phones charging circuit. BlackBerries are special though 8)

HOTCHARGE: (background)
    Find an old phone charger with a 5 or 5.1 volt output 500mA to 1000mA preferred, these are dirt common.
    Hack the phone connector end off of the charger cable and expose the power and ground wires.
    Connect the exposed wires to the positive and negative terminals of the battery, usually by sandwiching the bare wires between the battery and phones terminals wile reinserting the battery, never exceeding 15 minutes of charging.
    This is a potentialy hazerdous procedure.

(Pertinant Information)
    With the Pearl and Curve and any other BB with the copper contacts on the back, this process is much safer as you can still use the charging circuit built into the phone, only your bypasing the broken USB Connector.

Use TAPE to secure the ghettoed phone charger to the contacts on the back of the phone. Instant Ghetto BlackBerry Cradel.

I did this for months with my Pearl, first when the USB connector broke, then later when the dog ATE the end off of the charger.

P.D.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 04:22 PM
    You can MAKE a ghetto 'cradle' for your Blackberry, we usually call this 'hot charging' as normally it bypasses the phones charging circuit. BlackBerries are special though 8)

HOTCHARGE: (background)
    Find an old phone charger with a 5 or 5.1 volt output 500mA to 1000mA preferred, these are dirt common.
    Hack the phone connector end off of the charger cable and expose the power and ground wires.
    Connect the exposed wires to the positive and negative terminals of the battery, usually by sandwiching the bare wires between the battery and phones terminals wile reinserting the battery, never exceeding 15 minutes of charging.
    This is a potentialy hazerdous procedure.

(Pertinant Information)
    With the Pearl and Curve and any other BB with the copper contacts on the back, this process is much safer as you can still use the charging circuit built into the phone, only your bypasing the broken USB Connector.

Use TAPE to secure the ghettoed phone charger to the contacts on the back of the phone. Instant Ghetto BlackBerry Cradel.

I did this for months with my Pearl, first when the USB connector broke, then later when the dog ATE the end off of the charger.

P.D.

Hahaha...Don't think i'll try this....I'd probably blow myself up...hahaha !
    Thx though
    09-07-09 04:44 PM
    WendyB5724, hotcharging a BB is not dangerous, you still run through the charging circuit, and on the 8130 and 8330 I know as a fact that they have polarity protection, reversing the wires does nothing. I'm going to go on a limb and predict that this is true for all BlackBerries.

Just hold the wires on at first, look for the charge indicator. It will come on when the phone is charging. If the battery is superdead, then you may have to view the screen in bright light, as the display will show a charge symbol, but will not lght the backlight.

Tape them on later or build a dock from legos like I eventually did 8)

Doing this to a BB is not dangerous, stripping the insulator from the wire is the worst part.

A docking cradle can be bought with charger for $20 at many BestBuys, Amazon has them for $8.24 shipped (what I paid).

A battery charger can be purchased for as little as $5 shipped.

09-07-09 05:08 PM
    WendyB5724, hotcharging a BB is not dangerous, you still run through the charging circuit, and on the 8130 and 8330 I know as a fact that they have polarity protection, reversing the wires does nothing. I'm going to go on a limb and predict that this is true for all BlackBerries.

Just hold the wires on at first, look for the charge indicator. It will come on when the phone is charging. If the battery is superdead, then you may have to view the screen in bright light, as the display will show a charge symbol, but will not lght the backlight.

Tape them on later or build a dock from legos like I eventually did 8)

Doing this to a BB is not dangerous, stripping the insulator from the wire is the worst part.

A docking cradle can be bought with charger for $20 at many BestBuys, Amazon has them for $8.24 shipped (what I paid).

A battery charger can be purchased for as little as $5 shipped.

Right now I'm gonna turn my BB off and remove the sim card while i still have some battery left so I can take it to a repair shop tomorrow and still have a charge left....altho i'm sure the shop has extra batteries...I have another new cell phone i can use while doing this....and if they can't fix it then i'm going to Best Buy and buying the docking cradle.
    Thanks for your help !
    09-07-09 05:44 PM
    man i hope i never have this problem with my bb....i'd be so lost
    09-07-09 05:59 PM
    man i hope i never have this problem with my bb....i'd be so lost
    Omg...then u can appreciate just exactly how im feeling.
    I keep staring at this cell phone that i'm gonna switch to
    and it's killing me to think that's what i have
    to do...at least until i get it back from being repaired
    09-07-09 06:14 PM
    For all the CB members that took the time to help me....thank you very much

It's fixed ! I found a repair shop near my work and they changed the
    charging port in an hour.....$40

So if this happens to anyone you know...this is the part :

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM battery connector - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

I'm now a happy camper again
    09-08-09 01:04 PM
    That was an excellent price (specially in Can$), frequent that place, they deserve loyalty

that would have been $60.00 USD here
    09-08-09 04:47 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD