So my berry is completely dead, as in dead 0% battery. Now I'm charging it to the wall but how do I know that it's charging?

If it was turned on, I could see the battery icon with the bolt on my home screen. But it's not turned on because it wont let me (0% battery)
    Is it the red led thing above that shows if it's charging? Because mine only came on for 3 seconds and then it died again. Everytime.

The question is, how can I tell if it's charging or not when my device is off?
    09-16-08 01:33 PM
    the led will glow yellow then green when complete.

you completely killed the battery... not even enough juice to activate the battery's smart chip to begin charging.

try taking out the battery, plugging in the phone to the wall, then stick the battery in.
    09-16-08 01:39 PM
    plugging into a wall will NOT work. you have to plug the BB into a comp that has the BB software installed.
    09-16-08 01:42 PM
    Why? Seems pretty dumb that a device would be made so that when the battery dies you can't use the standard issue wall charger.
    09-16-08 01:45 PM
    i agree, plug it in without the battery, and when it shows the 'no battery' screen, put in the battery and it will start to charge..

doing this on your computer will cause your berry to wipe and you will lose ll your info and neet to reload the OS
    09-16-08 01:46 PM
    never had a berry wipe on me when plugging into a PC without battery.

never had a berry charge on me when it was plugged into a wall with 0% battery charge.
    09-16-08 01:51 PM
    never had a berry wipe on me when plugging into a PC without battery.

never had a berry charge on me when it was plugged into a wall with 0% battery charge.
    its how i wipe my device all the time, maybe its cause i always have DM running...
    09-16-08 01:54 PM
    that might be it, i always have DM off ... and 90% of the time the berry is already wiped.
    09-16-08 02:05 PM
    Okay took your advices.

Took the battery out > Charge to the wall > Wait for the no-battery screen > Stick the battery in

... why is it still dead? I can't turn it on nor can I see any flashing yellow light from the led
    09-16-08 02:20 PM
    Okay took your advices.

Took the battery out > Charge to the wall > Wait for the no-battery screen > Stick the battery in

... why is it still dead? I can't turn it on nor can I see any flashing yellow light from the led
    these suggestions are just to try and jumpstart the smart chip on the battery. the device has to know there's a battery and what level the battery is at before it can start charging it. the chip is what provides that info... but if it has no juice to operate, the battery is as good as non-existent as far as the device is concerned.

if any of these suggestions work, it's pure luck. but if you end up having to buy a battery in the near future, you'll now know that you never, ever run a lithium ion battery down to nothing. if you're near the end, pull the battery from the device as turning it off doesnt stop consumption... the blackberry still consumes battery power when off.

why is it still dead? because dead things usually dont come back to life after being killed. yes. you killed the battery. not figuratively.
    09-16-08 02:27 PM
    just leave it for a while, it needs time to register the power input, when mine died like that, i had to leave it plugged in for 20 minutes b4 it said it was charging
    09-16-08 02:30 PM
    Alright I'm gonna leave it on for a while and pray to the berry gods for a miracle.

If nothing changes tonight I guess I'll buy a new battery first thing tomorrow.
    09-16-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD