I've had this phone for about a week... When I run the phone down, it seems that I can't plug it in and charge it while I'm still using it... does that sound right? And even now, I have to turn the phone OFF in order to (maybe) charge it. I don't know if it's charging.. no little light... no nothing. What do you think?
    **EDIT**
    I just unplugged it and plugged it back in, and I got the light to start flashing... but it's not consistent. I still can't charge while i'm using the unit tho... do you guys think I might have a BB with a problem? Should I take it back to the store?
    10-04-08 06:00 PM
    You won't see the LED light up when charging unless it's off, but the little battery light will have a lighning bolt to show it has a charge then you can use it...

Sound right...
    10-04-08 06:06 PM
    what seems interesting to me though, is that it won't show that it's charging when the phone is actually in use.... is THAT right??
    10-04-08 06:08 PM
    You mean a phone call?

It should charge as long as it has power, car charger, or USB...
    10-04-08 06:14 PM
    Yea... if I'm on the phone and it alerts me that it has "Low Battery", when I plug it in, it doesn't seem to charge. It'll show the charging symbol for a bit, then it will go away. The only way I can then get the phone to charge is to turn it all the way off and plug it in (this whole experience is the reason I am writing right now.... this JUST happened. I had to end my phone call so I could charge the phone )
    10-04-08 06:24 PM
    Yea... if I'm on the phone and it alerts me that it has "Low Battery", when I plug it in, it doesn't seem to charge. It'll show the charging symbol for a bit, then it will go away. The only way I can then get the phone to charge is to turn it all the way off and plug it in (this whole experience is the reason I am writing right now.... this JUST happened. I had to end my phone call so I could charge the phone )
    I'm wondering if you have a loose connection. When it's connected to the cable does it move around a bit, or is it pretty secure? Just a thought... Otherwise, I say this is absolutely NOT normal.
    10-04-08 06:32 PM
    Not normal!!! I practically live in my car and am always using my BB while it charges!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:41 PM
    it wiggles some... and it seems to take FOREVER to charge... longer than any other device I've ever had.

I'll run back down to Verizon and see what they have to say... Thanks SO much
    10-04-08 06:41 PM
    Good luck! Let us know the "end of the story!"
    10-04-08 06:42 PM
    With my Bold, if I run it right down, to the point of it disabling the Radio connection, and then plug it in to charge, it takes a bit of time for it to regain enough of a charge before I can use it normally. Even if it is plugged in it needs a bit more juice to get back on task.
    10-04-08 06:58 PM
    mine is having the same issue. charged for about a week then the ac charger no longer worked.

went to tmobile today and they tried 4 different walwarts with no luck. finally gave me an offbrand charger <rated at 5v 1a> that works> i did buy an aftermarket cradle that came with a 5v 1.5a power supply that works fine.

mine will not charge from a usb at all. i have tried several pc's along with mutiple powered hubs.

it appears that the .7a charger that these come with is a bit below what these need to actually charge.

i discussed using this off brand charger with my NEW bb and they stated if it causes anissue they will cover it.
    10-07-08 02:45 PM
    Exchange it for a new one.
    10-07-08 02:48 PM
    I took my BB back into Verizon, charger and all, and they exchanged it for a new one. The Manager of the store helped me herself, and confirmed that there was something, indeed, wrong with my phone, as she had the problem herself when trying to transfer data. My new BB (which I got last night) has been GREAT, and holds a charge as it should (yay!) I'm SO much happier with my purchase now that I have a BB that works as it should! Good luck to the others of you with similar issues!
    10-07-08 04:04 PM
    Glad to hear things worked out for ya
    10-07-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD