I'm just wondering how often do you guys charge your BB? I charge mine every night, but, I've only had it 3-4 days. So, I don't want to start with a bad habit. I charged my previous cell phone every night as well, but towards the end of the 2 years it had some charging problems and a short battery life. So just wondering when you guys charge, or the best times to charge.

Thanks in advance!
    09-08-08 10:09 AM
    I charge mine once at night unless Im getting really heavy use throughout the day
    09-08-08 10:24 AM
    Actually doing partial charges every night is better for performance on the battery rather than running it down to nothing every time and then plugging it in to charge.
    I plug mine in every night for the entire night. Usually, it runs down to about 50% by the end of the day if I use it quite a bit, maybe more. But most of the time it runs down to about 70%. The few times that I dont plug in the phone, it can last me several days.
    09-08-08 10:33 AM
    Actually doing partial charges every night is better for performance on the battery rather than running it down to nothing every time and then plugging it in to charge.
    I plug mine in every night for the entire night. Usually, it runs down to about 50% by the end of the day if I use it quite a bit, maybe more. But most of the time it runs down to about 70%. The few times that I dont plug in the phone, it can last me several days.
    I plug mine in all night as well. I am thinking about doing a battery log or something. Like take a flash card or something and taking notes on charging every night for like 3 nights. Then maybe charging a night, letting it go for 2 days, then charging again. Try to find the optimal performance. But, Idk. Maybe I am talking out my ... Lol. Now that I have typed that I don't see how I will get a strong conclusion off a short test like that.. Lol
    09-08-08 10:38 AM
    Well, once the Blackberry receives a full charge, even if its still plugged in, it disconnects the power from the source and then runs off of the battery.
    09-08-08 10:47 AM
    Yes but when it loses a little bit of charge it recharges to make that up right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 10:52 AM
    That's right, but just sitting idle there plugged in, it will take a few hours.
    09-08-08 10:53 AM
    Interesting, so in fact its not bad at all for the blackberry to be charged every night? It was for my last cellphone however, I believe...
    09-08-08 10:56 AM
    Every night and then throughout the day depending on use.
    09-08-08 10:59 AM
    Interesting, so in fact its not bad at all for the blackberry to be charged every night? It was for my last cellphone however, I believe...
    It was for mine too (LG VX8100) but these Blackberry batteries are optimized for this type of use whereas those "flip phones" (what are those anyway? ) arent.
    09-08-08 11:09 AM
    Every night for me. Doesnt matter if its as 90% or 30%. It wont hurt it. And if for some reason it does, batteries are fairly inexpensive.
    09-08-08 11:15 AM
    It was for mine too (LG VX8100) but these Blackberry batteries are optimized for this type of use whereas those "flip phones" (what are those anyway? ) arent.
    Not quite accurate. It has nothing to do with the type of phone, but
    instead with the type of battery. If the battery employs a smart chip
    to prevent overcharging it won't matter if it is a BB or a "flip phone" it
    will do it's job. And there are a lot of phones other than the BB that use them.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-08-08 at 11:22 AM.
    09-08-08 11:19 AM
    Not quite accurate. It has nothing to do with the type of phone, but
    instead with the type of battery. If the battery employs a smart chip
    to prevent overcharging it won't matter if it is a BB or a "flip phone" it
    will do it's job. And there are a lot of phones other than the BB that use them.
    Oh I know....its also because most of the new phones have lithium ion batteries as well.
    09-08-08 11:22 AM
    So, pretty much everyone charges every night?
    09-08-08 11:25 AM
    99.9% of the time. Every once in a while, Ill forget or just dont do it....
    09-08-08 11:27 AM
    I charge mine everynight. I typically need to charge it because during the day i talk and play so much that its down to like 20% everyday. Ive had my berry since the end of July but I just talk alot.
    09-08-08 11:44 AM
    I charge mine everynight. I typically need to charge it because during the day i talk and play so much that its down to like 20% everyday. Ive had my berry since the end of July but I just talk alot.
    I'll see what mine runs down to today. But, I use mine tons too lol
    09-08-08 11:52 AM
    I'll see what mine runs down to today. But, I use mine tons too lol
    As a word of advice, do not make a habit of running it down entirely.
    That is one of the most "unhealthy" things you can do to a Li-Ion battery.
    09-08-08 11:54 AM
    As a word of advice, do not make a habit of running it down entirely.
    That is one of the most "unhealthy" things you can do to a Li-Ion battery.
    I'm not going to let mine drop below 50%.
    09-08-08 11:57 AM
    So its better to recharge when its only about 60-75 than it is to 30-50?
    09-08-08 11:58 AM
    UPDATE: After a full day of use, no charging (watched 3 full length 2 hour movies, listened to music, surfed the web, and a lot of texting) my battery is down to 65% took it off charge around 7:30 this morning.
    09-08-08 09:27 PM
    So its better to recharge when its only about 60-75 than it is to 30-50?
    That is correct. It is better to "top it off" than it is to run it down.
    09-08-08 09:52 PM
    That is correct. It is better to "top it off" than it is to run it down.
    Great info.
    09-08-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD