Hey, I just went to install the latest OS (.160) to my 8330.

Started it, and when it was connecting to the ROM or whatever, it stopped with a fatal error and the device rebooted.

However, when the device booted back up, it wasn't recognized by the computer anymore. I tried changing USB ports, did nothing. So, I went to plug it into the charger, and the phone doesn't recognize that it is being charged.

HOWEVER, when I take the battery out the red LED stays on implying that there is a charge actually going to the phone.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm kind of stuck here considering I have .138 on the device and obviously can't downgrade to go to the Verizon store, although I might just try going anyway.
    05-28-09 01:16 PM
    I think the BB my be bricked.
    05-28-09 01:17 PM
    I believe it is a very bad idea to keep the charger plugged in while doing a battery pull. I would be seriously concerned with some kind of grounding loop or something similar.

I tested this once on a spare device I had, and it crashed the device until I unplugged the cable.
    05-28-09 01:18 PM
    I think the BB my be bricked.
    No, the phone works.

I get the charge icon when I plug the USB cable in for about 5 seconds and then it goes away. And no recognition from the PC.
    05-28-09 01:18 PM
    I believe it is a very bad idea to keep the charger plugged in while doing a battery pull. I would be seriously concerned with some kind of grounding loop or something similar.

I tested this once on a spare device I had, and it crashed the device until I unplugged the cable.
    Sorry. Pulled battery with cable not plugged in, plugged cable in, red LED came up when I did.
    05-28-09 01:19 PM
    Sorry. Pulled battery with cable not plugged in, plugged cable in, red LED came up when I did.
    That may not be as bad then. I would still leave the cable out however when there is no battery.
    05-28-09 01:23 PM
    That may not be as bad then. I would still leave the cable out however when there is no battery.
    I was willing to risk it to see if the charge was working....bad idea? IDK, maybe haha.

Also, I restarted my PC and it is recognizing the phone now. I'm going to throw this up to me trying to upgrade on Windows 7 and use my laptop with XP when I try it again.
    05-28-09 01:28 PM
    You are running Windows 7?

You do realize that driver support for that is very slim indeed, and you need drivers to recognize the BB right?
    05-28-09 01:32 PM
    You are running Windows 7?

You do realize that driver support for that is very slim indeed, and you need drivers to recognize the BB right?
    Yeah, but I backed up my data off the Berry fine, and it recognizes it as a mass storage device. It also recognized the phone enough to start the upgrade process.

So I don't know what the drivers are like, but it has some. It must've gotten destroyed somewhere in the middle of the upgrade though.
    05-28-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD