I am kind of a newbie here and have been learning more about my BB everyday. I cannot figure out how to change my txt notifier from "light speed." Somebody help. I feel like an *****.
    09-16-08 08:46 AM
    profiles > advanced > active profile > sms
    09-16-08 08:47 AM
    Thanks that was so simple. Very appreciated.
    09-16-08 08:59 AM
    Thanks that was so simple. Very appreciated.
    meh. it's a new device. keep your shortcuts card handy too as it has some really good stuff to access commonly used functions on the device with minimal button presses.

now would also be a good time to do a backup of the device so if you fugger something up and cant remember how to reverse it, you can just restore it.
    09-16-08 09:05 AM
    I got a Bold last week. When I use MSN messenging or Blackberry messenging
    reply i get those cricket sound. Beside muting my phone, how do i change the sound. Don't tell me to go to "profile" and "advance". The "profiles" I have on my phone is a SPEAKER ICON to select: "mute, vibrate, loud. etc...". I have a "wrench icon" called OPTIONS. In options, i don't have profiles and I don't have advance but I have Advance Options. I'm suppose to go to PROFILES, ADVANCE, highlight SMS or MMSm select the menu button and change the sound. Well, I don't have that. Either the Bold have a different menu selection or I'm missing some ICONS or I don't know where my profile is. Some of my friends have a Blackberry and they walk me thru it but I don't have the same menu and they didn't have the BOLD either.

I am kind of a newbie here and have been learning more about my BB everyday. I cannot figure out how to change my txt notifier from "light speed." Somebody help. I feel like an *****.
    12-14-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD