Currently I have the titanium Curve from TMobile and was thinking about buying the full housing in Red and replacing it myself. I feel like it's really risky and was wondering if anyone has done it? I've seen the videos on how 2 do it but I'd like to know if it's reallt that easy or if I shouldn't even bother?

Any suggestions would be great.....By the way this is the best site ever and all of you guys R super helpful.
    08-08-08 04:27 PM
    08-08-08 04:29 PM
    I'm doing mine tomorrow to the emerald black...I will post pics when i am done. I say if you're not too savvy at taking things apart and putting them back together then you may want to have somebody else do it or go with a skin.
    08-08-08 04:33 PM
    I'm pretty good at taking stuff apart and getting it back 2gether, I'm just afraid of screwing up my phone and then what do I do???? That's my issue. I looked at the black one it it looks pretty sweet, so please post picks and tell me or us how it all went.....good Luck.
    08-08-08 04:46 PM
    I'm will most likely never try this. I'm not that good with taking things apart. I'm even worse at putting things together. I never want to even see the inside of my phone. I don't want to make you nervous or anything. If you believe you have the ability to do this go ahead. Good Luck and report back!
    08-08-08 05:11 PM
    I read some posts about users changing their faceplate and messed up their phones through no fault of their own. It comes with risks so be careful and good luck!
    08-08-08 08:51 PM
    ive changed the housing to my phone and if you are really careful and follow the directions step by step, all should be fine.. the people who messed it up probably were rushing it or not doing it right
    08-09-08 09:57 AM
    I'm doing mine tomorrow to the emerald black...I will post pics when i am done. I say if you're not too savvy at taking things apart and putting them back together then you may want to have somebody else do it or go with a skin.
    Did you find the entire Emerald Black housing or just the faceplate? I haven't seen anyone offer the complete housing yet.
    08-09-08 02:35 PM
    Just take your time taking the faceplate off. The LCD screen tabs can get bent if your not easy and that's why some people's faceplates don't sit right when they are finished
    08-09-08 03:20 PM
    ive taken mine 100% apart, and i didn't find it too difficult
    08-09-08 03:23 PM
    i changed my 8320 curve from titanium to pink!! it was easy for me. i was scared to do it at first but i managed and i know if i can do it anyone can
    08-09-08 04:58 PM
    Did you find the entire Emerald Black housing or just the faceplate? I haven't seen anyone offer the complete housing yet.
    I just ordered the black faceplate. For the back, I ordered the Seidio rubberized battery door which is also black.

The only piece remaining piece is the bottom which has my carrier's name on it. Not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet - might just leave it Titanium and see how it looks
    08-09-08 05:06 PM
    I just ordered the black faceplate. For the back, I ordered the Seidio rubberized battery door which is also black.

The only piece remaining piece is the bottom which has my carrier's name on it. Not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet - might just leave it Titanium and see how it looks

that is gonna look sweet!
    08-09-08 05:07 PM
    I just took mines apart yesterday and I've only had my 8320 for a week. If I messed up or the phone didn't work, I have a razr for backup use (phone calls and text). If you have any doubt of fear then don't do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 06:34 PM
    I took my 8300 apart and replaced it with a red housing. Looks great. My dad droped his causing a big piece to break off. I am going to be taking his apart to put my orighal housing on his. I know I just have to go slow and pay attention to what I am doing.
    Good Luck with yours.
    08-09-08 09:38 PM
    I've done it and this video helped http://www.youtube.com/v/iiIl19G74C0 check it out
    08-09-08 10:11 PM
    that is gonna look sweet!
    Thats the hope man. I ordered an extra bottom piece too. I might spray paint it black or leave it as it is. The one I ordered is crimson. I like how black and red go together so I might even try that out and stick with it if I like it.
    08-09-08 10:28 PM
    how easy is this really? bc i looked at pics and im scared to do it. can someone please better describe the part where the antenna thing is, the directions said something about breaking it when taking apart the phone, and i dont have a backup phone to use if i break it. thanks!!
    12-19-09 08:40 PM
    This will break it down perfectly for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...ssembly-385760

12-19-09 10:30 PM
    Hey, where do you get the housings at?

12-20-09 12:49 AM
    Currently I have the titanium Curve from TMobile and was thinking about buying the full housing in Red and replacing it myself. I feel like it's really risky and was wondering if anyone has done it? I've seen the videos on how 2 do it but I'd like to know if it's reallt that easy or if I shouldn't even bother?

Any suggestions would be great.....By the way this is the best site ever and all of you guys R super helpful.
    I am finishing my switch tomorrow. I am going all blue. I have to go buy a T5 bit to take my face plate off. I already changed my cursor ball to Blue. I will show so finished work pics tomorrow. Next month I am changing to green.

12-20-09 12:56 AM
    how easy is this really?
    It is VERY easy. There are basically 2 screws holding the housing together. The antenna thing is simple, it just clips on. Simply knowing the antenna is there and not treating it like a cat toy is about all it takes to prevent breaking the antenna. Just follow one of the many videos out there, you'll be fine.

I bought mine at Buy cell phone parts, cellular phone repair parts, earbuds, wholesale/retail, got black, blue, and white, all of which are of good quality.
    Many others use Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    12-20-09 05:33 AM

I got mine on eBay, both front and back for $9.00. And the Track ball for $2.50 all three in Blue. But they have yellow, green, orange, white, Red, and so on. Real nice quality. You may be able to combine shipping and get them cheaper. I got mine at different times so I missed out. I will post pics of new BlueBerry in a little while. The best part was they came stright from Hong Kong, right from the kids who made them no middle man lol.

12-20-09 08:07 AM
    how easy is this really? bc i looked at pics and im scared to do it. can someone please better describe the part where the antenna thing is, the directions said something about breaking it when taking apart the phone, and i dont have a backup phone to use if i break it. thanks!!

How easy is it to change the faceplate? VERY easy.
    You won't break anything if you read the walkthorough a few times and go slowly and gently. You rush or beast it apart, you snap things.

evb624 provided you a great link with a simply fabulous write-up. Very talented and witty writer.

Jack
    12-20-09 08:38 AM
    evb624 provided you a great link with a simply fabulous write-up. Very talented and witty writer.

Jack
    I forgot what you titled the post. It took like 25 mins to find it(I book marked it now). Didn't realize it was in you sig until too late. You should talk to a mod and see if they'll stickey it in the 101 section.

12-20-09 08:54 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD