So I just upgraded from a 8300 curve to a 8320 to have the additional Wi-Fi functions. My question is how easy is it for me to transfer all info from one device to the other. Can someone please let me know or let me know if I should just go about downloading/re-applying everything all over again. I'm hoping this isnt the case... Also, if I transfer everything over will it include all my themes/ringtones as well??? Thanks.
    02-21-08 10:07 AM
    For the most part you can do a Backup on the old device and restore what you want to the new one. As for ringtones, if they are on a memory card you can move that. For the themes I am not sure as I have never tried. But you may be able to transfer via bluetooth.
    02-21-08 10:10 AM
    What does the switch device function on the desktop manager do???
    02-21-08 10:34 AM
    It may be exactly what you are looking to do:

What is Switch Device Wizard
    02-21-08 10:37 AM
    Ok, that is what I thought...but when I just tried it I didnt get my 3rd party apps or themes. Anyone know what else I should do or what I may have done wrong. I can live with re-doing my themes, but I would really love to have all my apps and games switch over.
    02-21-08 10:57 AM
    I am not sure what you can do if the apps and games you want moved were OTA downloads. I don't really like using OTA for this reason. If I download things to my computer and use the Application Loader I always have the files needed to reinstall them at will. I will keep looking though.
    02-21-08 02:30 PM
    Ok, that is what I thought...but when I just tried it I didnt get my 3rd party apps or themes. Anyone know what else I should do or what I may have done wrong. I can live with re-doing my themes, but I would really love to have all my apps and games switch over.
    for 3rd party apps ( the one that you paid) most if not all of them are tied in to your PIN#.
    So when you get a new device (with a new PIN #), you need to get a new authorization/ activation code so your apps will work on the new device.
    02-21-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD