Is there a way to change which calendar shows up when I open the calendar app? I have four calendars, and I would like to only see one of them. My Curve seems to default back to "Show all" every time I exit the calendar and then come back to it.

Thanks for the help,
    Josh
    09-17-08 08:41 PM
    I too was ticked off by seeing all the calendar's. Every email address assigned to your blackberry has a calendar created for it. You can select the default calendar to use for creating new appointments (go to Options, Advanced, Default Services, Default Calendar). As for the calendar opening to a particular calendar and not to 'all' no setting for that. I only needed one calendar so I deleted the rest. You have to go to the service books on you BlackBerry and delete the respective calendar assigned to the email that you don't want (go to Options, Advanced, Service Books, ....then select the CICAL email address...press the menu button and select delete). This will delete the respective calendar.

Is there a way to change which calendar shows up when I open the calendar app? I have four calendars, and I would like to only see one of them. My Curve seems to default back to "Show all" every time I exit the calendar and then come back to it.

Thanks for the help,
    Josh
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 07:47 AM
    I too was ticked off by seeing all the calendar's. Every email address assigned to your blackberry has a calendar created for it. You can select the default calendar to use for creating new appointments (go to Options, Advanced, Default Services, Default Calendar). As for the calendar opening to a particular calendar and not to 'all' no setting for that. I only needed one calendar so I deleted the rest. You have to go to the service books on you BlackBerry and delete the respective calendar assigned to the email that you don't want (go to Options, Advanced, Service Books, ....then select the CICAL email address...press the menu button and select delete). This will delete the respective calendar.

Great tip; thanks!
    09-18-08 09:11 AM
    Thanks for posting these questions/replies! Helped me out a bunch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 10:05 PM
    The one thing bad that happened when I upgraded to 4.5 (T-Mo version) yesterday was that the calendars (and assigned email) were chosen for me for each existing appointment. For example, I only really need one calendar for what I thought was my default email, but for some reason, the Curve randomly "chose" my calendars (arranged by color) for me when I upgraded. I don't think I can change the entries without completely deleting them and re-entering every single one. And I can't just delete the calendar because then the assigned appointment will be deleted along with it!

No biggie, I guess. I can just ignore the pretty colors and make sure the calendar is set to "show all".
    Last edited by PCgirl; 10-25-08 at 01:56 AM.
    10-25-08 01:52 AM
    Keep in mind that whenever you ADD an email address or RESEND the service books to your phone the CICAL entries are added back and you will need to delete them.
    10-25-08 05:41 AM
    I've been having problems with google sync. Since the software that came with my BlackBerry doesn't work with my Macbook, google calendar sync is the only way I have to back up my appointments & contacts. The problem is, that application won't recognize more than one calendar on the BlackBerry. I didn't know we could delete the calendars without deleting the emails; thanks to the instructions here, I've simplified the BlackBerry down to one syncable calendar. I miss the categories, but I'd rather have my info backed up!
    12-27-09 07:03 PM
    This seems to happen frequently if you have many email accounts and many groups - not sure why, but you can correct this by going into 'Default Services' and setting your default for email, calendar and contacts...

with a 6.0 device, just type 'default services' from the home screen and open the icon with that name

hope this helps!
    RocMon
    04-25-11 12:48 PM
    One note on newer BlackBerry�s the sequence has changed just a little. After the "options" select "Device" Then go to "Advanced". All other steps are the same. You can find it as I did, but if you are looking for the "Advanced" tab it is not in the first view. I'm sure this had to do with mine be a version 6 and above. Just an FYI. I do thank all the posts though. I would still be trying to find the answer without them.
    12-01-11 10:39 AM
    is there any way that i can make the font of the "days" in the month view of the bb calendar larger? it is very small almost micro...
    01-13-12 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD