I recently bought a new pink housing for my curve. While taking off the original I broke off one of the top back screws. I ordered new ones from bbrepair and then when they came put the new housing on.
    I noticed that there is a gap at the top of the front faceplate. Like it is not screwed in to base of the phone. It is driving me insane and causing dust to get behind the screen.
    I know some people have complained about screws being too short- could that be the issue? If so, where do I find the right size/length screws?

Help! Id love the new housing if it would sit flat! Grr
    03-17-10 01:06 PM
    I recently bought a new pink housing for my curve. While taking off the original I broke off one of the top back screws. I ordered new ones from bbrepair and then when they came put the new housing on.
    I noticed that there is a gap at the top of the front faceplate. Like it is not screwed in to base of the phone. It is driving me insane and causing dust to get behind the screen.
    I know some people have complained about screws being too short- could that be the issue? If so, where do I find the right size/length screws?

Help! Id love the new housing if it would sit flat! Grr

I have tried doing this and it was a horrible experience because a) i scratched up the lcd screen with my screws (i'm an *****)
    b) my new housing did NOT have the gold thingythings that it needed to keep the little screws in place. So I ended up having gaps in my bb for a couple of months. I just changed it back :\
    Have you checked to see if the screws are even staying in place? mine kept falling out and I couldn't figure out why until I realized the gold thing
    03-17-10 08:22 PM
    I have tried doing this and it was a horrible experience because a) i scratched up the lcd screen with my screws (i'm an *****)
    b) my new housing did NOT have the gold thingythings that it needed to keep the little screws in place. So I ended up having gaps in my bb for a couple of months. I just changed it back :\
    Have you checked to see if the screws are even staying in place? mine kept falling out and I couldn't figure out why until I realized the gold thing
    Yea it wasn't as easy as people made it seem like.. but then again I heard alot of people with Curves have more issues then others.
    Since I have no idea what "gold thing" you mean.. I probably dont have it. Where is it supposed to be?

Thank god I am eligible for a discounted upgrade tomorrow! Although I loved the idea of my BB being so pink. Oh well. Maybe Ill get the new VZ Purple one.
    03-18-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD