Hey everyone,

I've transferred a couple of song clips (20-30 seconds each) from my computer to my Blackberry Curve using Bluetooth. This worked fine for me, as I've had no problems. However, when I receive calls, my ringtones will only play for a certain length of time (not for the whole duration of the song clip). I thought it had to do with the number of times the phone is set to ring, but I couldn't find a way to increase the number of times the phone rings. Is there a way I can increase this number to make sure all of my clips play the whole way through when someone calls? Thanks a lot,

Randall
    08-21-07 01:20 AM
    I've heard of people doing it, but whenever i did it myself it would always just disable my voicemail.

so i think there isnt a way.
    08-21-07 07:22 PM
    I just did it and it worked fine. There's a string you type in, and it will allow you to lengthen the ringing up to 30 seconds. Here's how:

First, find your VoiceMail number by going to
    Call Log
    Menu
    Options
    Voice Mail

This will show your VM (voice mail)

Go to your phone dialer and dial **61*[VM]**[sec]#send

with [VM] replaced by your voice mail, and [sec] replaced by the number of seconds you want for your ringing, in 5 second increments, ex:

**61*14163573229**30#send

for 30 seconds. I had struggled a little trying to figure out how to get the '*' and '#' symbols, kept messing around with the Alt key. No Alt keys are needed at all, just the string as you see it.

One caveat, it's reported that this doesn't work on Roger's network.

Cheers,
    ~epm
    08-21-07 09:27 PM
    Since the above response is to lengthen the ringing option and not the ring tone length (preferrably of mp3 ringers) Has anyone been able to address this issue? Is 0:15 the max length or 0:30?
    11-05-07 03:42 PM
    You know what I do, since I already have my songs in my memory card, I just basically select the song that I like and set it as my "Set As Phone Tune". Of course I had to change the duration of my ring to 30 seconds, that gives it plenty of time to play the first 30 seconds of my music.
    11-05-07 03:59 PM
    You know what I do, since I already have my songs in my memory card, I just basically select the song that I like and set it as my "Set As Phone Tune". Of course I had to change the duration of my ring to 30 seconds, that gives it plenty of time to play the first 30 seconds of my music.

Is this option on the 8830 too?
    12-06-07 09:32 AM
    Since the above response is to lengthen the ringing option and not the ring tone length (preferrably of mp3 ringers) Has anyone been able to address this issue? Is 0:15 the max length or 0:30?
    call at&t and ask for a lengthier ring. I did mine last night.
    12-06-07 09:57 AM
    I agree "silver" I've always just called at&t customer service and they'll take care of it without a problem in seconds.
    12-06-07 12:14 PM
    Unfortunately I'm with Sprint. 99% of customer service doesn't speak english. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to explain this to them. Thanks, maybe I'll work up the courage to try calling them.
    12-07-07 03:09 PM
    the post replied by EPM about **61 etc is only possible on GSM

CDMA network doesnt support this features
    12-10-07 02:41 PM
    Hi,

When I go into CallLog/Options/VoiceMail
    I get the following Access Number and Password.
    Where do i have to add your code to make the lenght of the ring longer

Cheers
    Karen:

I just did it and it worked fine. There's a string you type in, and it will allow you to lengthen the ringing up to 30 seconds. Here's how:

Call Log
    Menu
    Options
    Voice Mail

with [VM] replaced by your voice mail, and [sec] replaced by the number of seconds you want for your ringing, in 5 second increments, ex:

for 30 seconds. I had struggled a little trying to figure out how to get the '*' and '#' symbols, kept messing around with the Alt key. No Alt keys are needed at all, just the string as you see it.

Cheers,
    ~epm
    01-23-08 08:10 AM
    Hi,

When I go into CallLog/Options/VoiceMail
    I get the following Access Number and Password.
    Where do i have to add your code to make the lenght of the ring longer

Cheers
    Karen:

Call Log
    Menu
    Options
    Voice Mail

Cheers,
    ~epm
    01-23-08 08:16 AM
    EPM - It works for me, I am in the Caribbean. Been racking my brains for weeks on this one. Thanks
    10-07-08 08:28 PM
    I called AT&T it, told the representative that I wanted a longer time for my phone to ring, at the time it would ring twice and then go to voice mail. She did it right then and there, took all of three minutes. That is what I would advise.

08-18-09 01:25 PM
    Sprint is worthless when it comes to this. I called customer support and the woman told me she "they" cannot increase the ringtone length for me and that in her opinion, my best option would be to "download a longer ringtone"...

That and I could barely understand a word she said. So lame... I have a 30 second ringtone, does anyone know how to get my BBC 8330 on Sprint to go for 30 secs instead of 15 before hitting voicemail?
    08-18-09 03:45 PM
    I have Sprint and what I did was just download or make (using Windows Sound Recorder) a longer version of the song, transfer it to my phone and setting the longer version as my ringtone. Works great!
    08-24-09 02:12 PM
    Sprint is worthless when it comes to this. I called customer support and the woman told me she "they" cannot increase the ringtone length for me and that in her opinion, my best option would be to "download a longer ringtone"...

That and I could barely understand a word she said. So lame... I have a 30 second ringtone, does anyone know how to get my BBC 8330 on Sprint to go for 30 secs instead of 15 before hitting voicemail?
    Per a previous post this is not possible on CDMA networks, it only works on GSM
    08-24-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD