Hey forums,

I did a couple searches looking for this, but didn't find anything. I just got my Curve yesterday and love it. My main complaint is the keyboard lock. With my old 7290 all I had to do to unlock it was press any button and push the wheel in (basically to open the "unlock/emergency call/cancel" menu and click unlock). The * + send combination is painful to me, but I carry my phone in my pocket so locking the keyboard is pretty necessary. I see that the unlock/emergency call/cancel menu is still there, but selecting unlock only brings me to the instruction of "press *send to unlock." Is there any way to bypass the *send and just select that unlock selection (or maybe a different combination of buttons to unlock it)? Ideas are welcome

Thanks!!
    11-01-07 05:55 PM
    This is one of the "fixes" with 4.2 OS. It even happened to the 8700's running the 4.2 OS. I know it's tough to get used to at first but you will. You can also enable password protection, then instead of the *+send combo, you will have to enter a password. Either that or buy a case with the sleeper function.
    11-01-07 06:31 PM
    why does the keypad have to be locked? ... i have my Curve set to only lock after an hour of not being used (which RARELY happens ) .... and I use the top mute key to put the Curve into standby mode (which the only ways to get out of is to press the mute key again OR press the power button for like 5 seconds)
    11-01-07 06:50 PM
    Yeah the unlocking combination was too crazy to me, I got one of the BB cases that automatically puts it to sleep and it doesnt make it too bulky either.
    I got mine in an AT&T store whom I didnt think would have it so I went searching in TMo's stores and they didnt have them yet.
    11-01-07 06:55 PM
    Thanks...these answers were a lot of help. I'll check out the case that makes it sleep--I hadn't heard of that. If you have a link really handy I'd love to check it out. For now, the standby mode seems really good.
    11-01-07 09:59 PM
    Lock & unlock is dumb, unless you want to password protect it.

Just hold the mute button down, and it puts it in standby mode, preventing you from accidentally calling your friends when the phone is in your pocket. To wake up, hit the mute button again, and its back to normal, immediately.
    11-01-07 10:49 PM
    wow there are some of THE most intelligent people around anywhere in here....
    11-03-07 10:49 AM
    Will the alarm clock work if i use sleep mode ?
    11-05-07 09:19 AM
    if you mean standby mode ... then yes ... your phone just drops to a lower power state and will alert you if any changes happen ... (such as a phone call, txt, MMS, alarm, etc.)
    11-05-07 09:23 AM
    cool, thanks
    11-05-07 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD