by Ronen Halevy
    We have had call filters for quite awhile but Cerberus is the cheapest I have seen to date at $4.99. Most people would not fork over $15-$30 for a call filter application so this might be a better price point. You can find it now for $4.99 in the store. The main downside is that there is no free trial but hopefully that will change since this is the type of product people would want to try first. Especially when the product description says that some devices might ring for a few milliseconds before the call is muted and stopped�

From the product description:

Do you ever need to block some incoming calls? Such as private or unknown numbers, your ex-girlfriends, your annoying boss after the work time? Or maybe everybody but your managers during a work meeting? If so, then you need Cerberus Call Filter.
    Note: some devices may ring for a few milliseconds before the call is stopped and the sound muted
    Features:

Supports black or white lists
    Allows to add single contacts or full contact groups
    Allows to add direct numbers taken from Missed / Normal Calls log
    Allows to add all Private / Unknown numbers
    Allows to temporarily disable the filter
    Tightly integrated with the system�s Address Book
    Autostarts when the device is turned on, and then runs in background
    Very clean and simple user interface
    Very small size, just 20 KB
    Works on the Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm and more
    It is the cheapest on the market!
    Free updates for ever! (including new minor and major releases)

Source: Cerberus Call Filter – Cheap & Simple Call Filter For Your BlackBerry | BerryReview.com �
    12-22-08 12:58 PM
    Awesome. I may potentially try this once I get my phone in the future but for now ill just ignore them. Either way this is a great looking app I would love to put on my 8320.
    12-22-08 01:44 PM
    is there anyway to control what happens to a black listed number, ie ignore, pick\up hang up so that the caller cannot access our voicemail, etc?
    12-30-08 10:02 AM
    I have been using it for about a month and it works great. It does ring for a millisecond before it blocks it, but my phone stays on vibrate sit's not a big deal to me.
    12-30-08 10:34 AM
    is there anyway to control what happens to a black listed number, ie ignore, pick\up hang up so that the caller cannot access our voicemail, etc?
    I don't think so. Blacklisted numbers are routed to your voicemail.
    12-30-08 10:37 AM
    I understand that this only supports either a blacklist or a whitelist but not both at the same time?

Can anyone clarify this?
    01-11-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD