I took my Curve to VZW to dump the phone numbers out of my Treo (however I noticed it didn't dump the addresses...) and now I have an icon on my Curve that says "Cellebrite Phone Book Client for Blackberry."

I'm thinking the VZW tech was one monkey shy of a sitcom.

Anyway, I go to the Applications and it doesn't show up for me to delete it. Anybody have any ideas?

Eggman
    06-08-08 10:58 AM
    It didnt show up for me either. I couldn't delete it through the phone or desktop manager. I had to wipe the hand held and reload everything. I don't think its take big of a program.
    06-08-08 11:05 AM
    I work at VZW and cellebrite is the application that we use on all phones to transfer the contact list it will only transfer numbers just the way it is set up you can delete it by going into applications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 11:07 AM
    Welcome newbie to CB.
    06-08-08 11:21 AM
    Hi Justagirl, thanks for the reply. I'm not all that bothered about the addresses, but - I've gone into advanced options and Cellebrite doesn't show up. If I'm looking in the wrong place, lemme know.

thx
    06-08-08 11:34 AM
    welcome to CB. Justagirl I noticed the same thing as eggman did, it doesn't show up in applications
    06-08-08 09:28 PM
    im not sure about on the BB, but for Palm, i don't think you can access it unless ur in hot-sync to truly get any function out of it
    06-08-08 09:33 PM
    I had the same cellebrite icon on my first bb.It was not in my applications either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 09:50 PM
    I got the same icon on my curve after going to VZW. I assumed it was a program that installed in order to let them transfer my contacts. I hadn't tried to remove it yet.

Wow, dissapointed to find out that addresses don't transfer. Hopefully I will get all that back when I set up the hot sync.
    06-08-08 10:06 PM
    I will check into where it goes exactally on the bb and get back to you...
    06-08-08 10:17 PM
    OK. . .I found out how to remove it by reading the manual from Cellebrite. Just follow these steps:

1. Open the Cellebrite application
    2. Click the trackball to open the application menu
    3. Click on "Uninstall application"
    4. Restart your phone
    06-08-08 10:57 PM
    I will check into where it goes exactally on the bb and get back to you...
    Thank you Justagirl!
    06-08-08 11:04 PM
    OK. . .I found out how to remove it by reading the manual from Cellebrite. Just follow these steps:

1. Open the Cellebrite application
    2. Click the trackball to open the application menu
    3. Click on "Uninstall application"
    4. Restart your phone
    Thank you CNK....one question......how do you restart a BB? I know it is not just powering it off. Yes I am such a newbie to BB
    06-08-08 11:09 PM
    I powered my BB off, then removed the battery for about 15 seconds. Then put the battery back in and power it up. I just did this about 30 minutes ago and when it came back up, Cellebrite was gone.
    06-08-08 11:11 PM
    Thanks again cnk. It worked for me too! No more cellebrite on my BB.
    06-08-08 11:34 PM
    Gregmar, I'm a newbie too...and I don't know if you have a Treo or not, but I discovered my Treo 700p's Sync software was not compatible w/ a simple address book transfer on my computer...that's why I had to go to VZW.

Thank you for the info, Justagirl - and if nobody's told you today, you're gorgeous!

egg
    06-09-08 07:06 AM
    thanks cnk! I also got rid of one more unnecessary program!! you're da bomb!!
    06-09-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD