Hello, my current cell phone contract is about to end, and i want to get a blackberry curve!
    I dont know which cell phone provider to use though.
    In your opinions and use of the curve, which cell phone provider do you think is best to use with a blackberry curve?
    I want to have unlimited data usage including (text, picture/video message, web browsing, gps, email, instant messaging, etc.) for the lowest possible price.
    Which cell phone provider has the best price for all these features or service overall?
    07-05-08 01:48 PM
    If you want GPS I think you will want to go with AT&T I am not 100% sure but I don't think they charge you to use the GPS. Verizon you can get GPS but you have to pay for the service I think. Tmos Curve doesn't have GPS it has Wifi instead. Also I don't know where you are and what your price range is but from the features you want it seems like AT&T. Doh forgot to mention Sprint but I really don't know much about their services.
    07-05-08 01:50 PM
    Depends on where you live (reception) needs (wifi a must?) rate/data plans....and convenience for you...........so do not let ANYONE make that decision for you..........YOU only know what your needs are.......so surf the sites of your providers.........pick a rate/data plan that is workable for you....then start shopping for your best deal............

The Curve is a righteously magnificent device...........you WILL love it.....
    07-05-08 01:52 PM
    Hmm. I would lean towards AT&T if you want GPS since they dont lock it down like Verizon.
    07-05-08 01:53 PM
    First you should find the carrier that has the best coverage in your area. It won't make sense to go with the cheapest if they don't get coverage where you live. Then you have to decide what feature you want the most. If it is wi-fi the tmobile is your only choice. If you want built in gps sprint, at&t or verizon. For the best bang for your buck sprint is the best IMO. They have the simply everything plan which is tough to beat as it covers everything. Tmobile also has a good price but lacks some of the features of sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 01:55 PM
    Depends on where you live (reception) needs (wifi a must?) rate/data plans....and convenience for you...........so do not let ANYONE make that decision for you..........YOU only know what your needs are.......so surf the sites of your providers.........pick a rate/data plan that is workable for you....then start shopping for your best deal............

The Curve is a righteously magnificent device...........you WILL love it.....

well i live in new york city, so every service provider has great signal here. dont care about wifi, and yea i want gps because sometimes i want to know where a restaurant/store is located. having a map would be great too

and i would like to have your opinions on this.....
    07-05-08 01:57 PM
    You can get a curve for $50 bucks with AT&T new plan
    07-05-08 01:58 PM
    Personally, I prefer Sprint because of the cost AND benefits. For me, I have the 450 BB plan (BIS) which includes 450 anytime, mins @7pm, as well as mobile to mobile, unlm text and data, gps, sprint tv etc. I only pay 69.99 (not including my corporate discount). I really haven't had any problems with my call service either.

07-05-08 02:00 PM
    well i live in new york city, so every service provider has great signal here. dont care about wifi, and yea i want gps because sometimes i want to know where a restaurant/store is located. having a map would be great too

Well I personally am most familiar with ATT - and I as well could not give a rats a$$ about wifi.........so i went with ATT fore the signal, maps, unlim data plan and other plan specific features (I have 3 smartphones on my plan that use close to 13000 texts a month).......also ATT has over the last 3+ years and let me upgrade EVERYTIME I asked........I never get insurance.......my Son broke 3 phones last year and ATT GAVE me new ones every time....

So........hopefully this helped you........I think you will LOVE the curve no matter the provider.....good luck!!!
    07-05-08 02:03 PM
    You can get a curve for $50 bucks with AT&T new plan

That in fact is correct - and if you take a refurb - you can prolly talk them into GIVING you one....just work them and they will cave in....
    07-05-08 02:06 PM
    T-Mobile has a good price on plans, Unlimited phone, text, picture/video messaging, voice notes, IM...$99 a month. Unlimited data and email is $19.99 a month and then you can add a bluetooth GPS puck and have GPS on their curve for free. The puck I would recommend is Freedom Keychain GPS 2000, available from Crackberry.com for $74.95

Just another option for you.
    07-05-08 02:17 PM
    T-Mobile has a good price on plans, Unlimited phone, text, picture/video messaging, voice notes, IM...$99 a month. Unlimited data and email is $19.99 a month and then you can add a bluetooth GPS puck and have GPS on their curve for free. The puck I would recommend is Freedom Keychain GPS 2000, available from Crackberry.com for $74.95

Just another option for you.

hmmmm....I am thinkin that a free or $49 Curve still is the best deal I have heard so far.........but......what the ****.......it ain't my cake......
    07-05-08 02:19 PM
    Check outs sprints simply everything plan for $99 a month. Unlimited calls/email/data/sms/sprint tv/navigation. The only thing you don't get is mms as it doesn't work on the sprint curves at the moment.

07-05-08 02:20 PM
    i have t-mobile, but i prefer anything with GSM because i tend to switch phones, A LOT!

lol
    07-05-08 02:41 PM
    Tmobile without a doubt. Wifi is great, even if you don't have the hotspot service its very fast in regards to sms and browsing.

Research a plan called Blackberry minutes and mail. Its unlimited txt, unlimited data, 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited email. 59.99 a month

07-05-08 02:53 PM
    Tmobile without a doubt. Wifi is great, even if you don't have the hotspot service its very fast in regards to sms and browsing.

Research a plan called Blackberry minutes and mail. Its unlimited txt, unlimited data, 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited email. 59.99 a month

dont care about wifi - did you miss his post.......wifi is not a benefit to him....
    07-05-08 03:08 PM
    I would go with Sprint. The packages are very affordable ($99 everything plan), and their curve had just about everything that you asked for. But it all comes down to your location. If their service is not reliable in your area, it makes no sense.
    07-05-08 04:12 PM
    I personally prefer Verizon. Their coverage is awesome in almost any area, their customer service fabulous, and you can get unlimited EVERYTHING (voice, data, sms, mms, etc) for around $139 a month. A bit more than some other carriers, but you pay for great service.
    Plus, Verizon's Curve models have 96MB of internal memoury as opposed to the normal 64MB. Bye bye memoury issues!
    07-05-08 04:16 PM
    If you said all providers work fine and just going by cheapest I would go with TMO....like someone said earlier $60 for the BB Minutes and Mail plan....1000 anytime min, unlim data, unlim email, and unlim text. No GPS but a puck can solve that. I know you said you didn't care about wifi, but I think it's cool for when you get no service (even tho u said every provider works, they're not all going to work everywhere in NY; examply maybe the basement of a building) and there's wifi, then you will get service. Something to look into. If you don't want to have to worry about the puck then the sprint everything plan for $70 is prolly youre best bet. Personally I'm anti CDMA, and GSM all the way but it's your thing. Personally I would stay away from ATT b/c I think they're way overpriced. My 2 cents.
    07-05-08 04:16 PM
    Let us know which you pick, I'm curious to know!
    07-05-08 04:20 PM
    If you said all providers work fine and just going by cheapest I would go with TMO....like someone said earlier $60 for the BB Minutes and Mail plan....1000 anytime min, unlim data, unlim email, and unlim text. No GPS but a puck can solve that. I know you said you didn't care about wifi, but I think it's cool for when you get no service (even tho u said every provider works, they're not all going to work everywhere in NY; examply maybe the basement of a building) and there's wifi, then you will get service. Something to look into. If you don't want to have to worry about the puck then the sprint everything plan for $70 is prolly youre best bet. Personally I'm anti CDMA, and GSM all the way but it's your thing. Personally I would stay away from ATT b/c I think they're way overpriced. My 2 cents.
    If overpriced is $49 Curves then yeah.........
    07-05-08 04:25 PM
    you should go with watever one you feel will be better for you and your personal options to suit you
    07-14-08 08:13 AM

you can just use Google Maps with or with out GPS it will show you on a map where the store is and show where you are. if you don't have GPS it will go off cell towers.
    07-14-08 08:36 AM
    I personally prefer Verizon. Their coverage is awesome in almost any area, their customer service fabulous, and you can get unlimited EVERYTHING (voice, data, sms, mms, etc) for around $139 a month. A bit more than some other carriers, but you pay for great service.
    Plus, Verizon's Curve models have 96MB of internal memoury as opposed to the normal 64MB. Bye bye memoury issues!
    Ditto to this, I love Verizon. I'm on the same plan as well and love it. I've never really had a problem with Verizon. I totally didn't know about the internal memory though, good to know!
    07-14-08 10:23 AM
    Hello, my current cell phone contract is about to end, and i want to get a blackberry curve!
    I dont know which cell phone provider to use though.
    In your opinions and use of the curve, which cell phone provider do you think is best to use with a blackberry curve?
    I want to have unlimited data usage including (text, picture/video message, web browsing, gps, email, instant messaging, etc.) for the lowest possible price.
    Which cell phone provider has the best price for all these features or service overall?
    CONSUMER REPORTS:

VERIZON

Among the better carriers this year and in our earlier surveys.

A standout for connectivity. Among the better national carriers in customer service and the first to prorate termination fees (with a $5 reduction per month). Offers high-speed wireless data network for faster Web browsing and downloading. Uses CDMA. The carrier has supported analog networks, but is phasing out that service.

Unique offering: VCast TV, a live-TV service with a handful of cable and broadcast channels.

T-MOBILE

Another solid performer that often offers more for your money.

On par with Verizon in most of the metro areas we surveyed. Least expensive for Web access ($6 a month for unlimited access) and for multimedia messages (messages with photos or other media attachments cost the same as text messages, which are inexpensive with T-Mobile's bundles). The myFaves plans allow unlimited free calls to five people on any network. Uses GSM, so most of its phones can also be used outside the U.S. Lacks high-speed wireless data network.

Unique offering: HotSpot@Home, which allows phones to switch to Internet calling (see T-Mobile WiFi phones).

AT&T

Home of the iPhone but trails the better carriers in almost all respects.

The exclusive carrier for the iPhone. Has Smart Limits plan for controlling kids' access (see 5 Ways to cut your bill). But service and satisfaction were clearly second-tier, and connectivity was below average, thanks to static and service failures in many of the metro areas we surveyed. Rolling out high-speed wireless data network. Uses GSM, so most of its phones can also be used outside the U.S. The carrier has supported analog networks, but is phasing out that service.

Unique offering: Rollover minutes, which allow you to carry over unused minutes for almost a year.

SPRINT

Bottom-ranked of carriers we rate.

Consistently among the lowest-rated for satisfaction, dropped calls, and customer service. Users buy more high-speed data services from Sprint than from any other carrier. Sprint merged with Nextel in 2005 and maintains the Nextel network separately to offer walkie-talkie ("push to talk") capability between compatible Sprint Nextel phones. Our results exclude customers who receive Nextel service from Sprint because their phones operate on the different iDEN technology. Offers high-speed wireless data network for faster Web browsing and downloads. Uses CDMA.

Unique offering: Unlimited calling starts at 7 p.m., earlier than other carriers.
    07-14-08 12:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD