I know that gsm carriers are on the verge of releasing the new OS 4.5. My question is, how long is it expected that cdma carriers will wait after our gsm counterparts get it? I did see an image of an 8830 running 4.5, but I have never seen a beta available yet.
    06-23-08 01:02 PM
    almost all the cdma phones are running 4.3 which carries most of the features of 4.5. This is why i'm assuming we haven't seen beta for the cdma.
    06-23-08 01:08 PM
    I want docs to go now.
    06-23-08 01:10 PM
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. The html email is imprortant to me and so is the docs feature. I'm sure they will take their sweet time just like they did when releasing the Curve for Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:15 PM
    I don't know what would be that different about it. It should not take long from a programming point of view. If it is delayed, blame the carriers. The majority of the OS has nothing to do with the carrier.
    06-23-08 01:19 PM
    As far as I understand all carriers have gotten a recent version of 4.5. Basically think of it as an open beta for carriers. Basically after the techies in the carriers test it for problems on the models they carry and report back any problems or decide the version is fine for release. It appears that problems were found since the newest beta version is newer than the version 1st released from a carrier. I suspect that we could see more carriers release a version in maybe about 4 weeks. But it could be longer if problems in the OS aren't resolved satisfactorily.
    06-23-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD