After I load a CD from my macbook to my 8310, how do I get the cover art for the CD onto the phone? Is it automatic?

Thanks!
    05-06-09 02:02 PM
    The software you use to rip the cd should have a feature where it connects to a database and embeds the album art to the mp3 files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 02:05 PM
    The software you use to rip the cd should have a feature where it connects to a database and embeds the album art to the mp3 files.

Correct as far as I know.
    05-06-09 03:43 PM
    So here's my problem now...

I ripped my cd's into the macbook then downloaded the track info and album art and copied them into the blackberry using Finder, but the album art isn't showing up on the phone... am I doing something wrong (well I mean obviously I am buut what is it)?
    05-06-09 08:04 PM
    come on somebody here knows! And I only have limited time left with the macbook until I have to leave it alone for a while. :-)
    05-06-09 09:47 PM
    I have been having this problem with iTunes files. So maybe that's your problem?
    05-06-09 09:59 PM
    I guess maybe. I have the CD's, im just ripping them into iTunes.
    05-06-09 10:03 PM
    One or two loaded, but that's it.
    05-06-09 10:05 PM
    i think it might be itunes. I have one song that I did in Windows Media Player, which shows the album art. All the cds i did with iTunes just show a CD with music notes by it. Even when I had iTunes convert to mp3 format. So i am not sure why this problem is happening...
    05-06-09 10:21 PM
    Itunes auto album art only links the tracks to the art. You must select tracks, right click, get info, and drag the image file to the album art box. Then click ok. This way embeds the image in the file so the bb can read it. I should also mention that you need to get the image off the internet via google or something. The itc files in itunes music folder won't work

05-06-09 10:35 PM
    Ah ok. Is there a way I can go back and add any picture as cover art, or add the cover art seperately after I have loaded the CD into the blackberry?
    05-06-09 10:36 PM
    Once its on the blackberry, you cant do anything except replace the music files... but in iTunes, you just have to select the songs - control+click - get info - and drag your .jpeg,.png,.w/e into the white box labeled album art. If you select one song, it will be under the artwork tab at the top.. if you select multiple (such as all in an album, or all just to have your own custom album art) it will be in the info window that pops up.
    05-07-09 09:31 PM
    If that doesn't work, try this - connect your BB to your computer, navigate to the album folder on the BB you want to provide art for. Find the picture you want to associate with it on the internet somewhere, save it to that album folder on the BB and name it "folder.jpg" (I think that's it - maybe folder.jpeg). Then see if the art comes up when you play songs off that album. It's a real pain but it makes it so much nicer to have the artwork when playing songs.
    05-08-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD