I was updating my fantastic BB's OS to 4.5 and during the update process when it got to the first intialization after "Load JVM and system software" I got an icon that looked like a casette take with a circle and line through it and 507 below. Just a lil paranoid cuz i havent seem it before when i updated unless i never noticed during the other two updates, i have updates three times including the last update.
    09-25-08 05:44 PM
    **EDIT**

This should show up for like 1 minute on a regular upgrade. This shows when the system wipes your OS to put the other OS on your phone. Is it stuck there or did it go away.
    Last edited by tae_254; 09-25-08 at 05:47 PM.
    09-25-08 05:45 PM
    09-25-08 05:45 PM
    hope you didnt nuke it
    09-25-08 05:49 PM
    i had the same icon, it only showed for a few seconds if i remember right. it went away though.
    09-25-08 05:50 PM
    i had the same icon, it only showed for a few seconds if i remember right. it went away though.
    Yes that is normal. Now if it stays like mine did the first time i ever tried to do a upgrade.. then like greg said you have a nuked berry on your hands
    09-25-08 05:52 PM
    This is normal as Tae says -- it is what you want because it tells you that your berry has been wiped. If your apploader doesn't see your berry to finish the upgrade, you do need to use the link above to get to the load on a nuked berry instructions. But it is not a big deal so always stay calm and follow the instructions and everything will be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 06:22 PM
    it does only show for a few seconds, i did think since i was upgrading and it did delete the OS and install the new one it ws showing due to that. I actually called my carrier and they said it was a voicemail icon and showed i didnt have voicemail or it wasnt setup, i am inclined to listen to ya'll over them. I did do many downgrades and upgrades to see if it kept showing up and it did for each upgrade and downgrade. I hope upgrading and downgrading many times didnt hurt anything. I decided last night to get my digi cam and take a pic of the error for people in t he furture.

09-26-08 11:06 AM
    You have a 507 error sweety. Which means you have no OS loaded on your phone. Whomever you spoke with is incorrect. Follow th link that I posted above to fix this situation

09-26-08 11:57 AM
    I am not sure about sweety but tae_254 is correct in that JVM error 507 means that you have a BlackBerry with no Operating System installed.

This is a normal part of an OS upgrade as I am sure you can see. The old OS is removed (error 507) and then the new one is installed. This display should be a temporary display of no more than a few seconds.

All you have to do is to load the new OS and your phone will work once more.

Get CrackMem from my signature and make sure that you read the Help text. Also make sure that you remove the file Vendor.xml. CrackMem will do that for you with a couple of clicks.

Provided you have the OS correctly installed (and CrackMem will tell you) then there is no reason why you will not be up and running within the hour.
    09-26-08 12:33 PM
    OH Yeah! The white screen of death!
    09-26-08 12:35 PM
    I am not sure about sweety but tae_254 is correct in that JVM error 507 means that you have a BlackBerry with no Operating System installed.

This is a normal part of an OS upgrade as I am sure you can see. The old OS is removed (error 507) and then the new one is installed. This display should be a temporary display of no more than a few seconds.

All you have to do is to load the new OS and your phone will work once more.

Get CrackMem from my signature and make sure that you read the Help text. Also make sure that you remove the file Vendor.xml. CrackMem will do that for you with a couple of clicks.

Provided you have the OS correctly installed (and CrackMem will tell you) then there is no reason why you will not be up and running within the hour.
    Crackmem is a handy little tool

09-26-08 12:43 PM
    tae_254 you made me blush. :} Like i was saying when it does the first initialization it showed for about 3-5 sec then showed instead of the hour glass the equevalent of what theme i had installed. Everything loaded, restored, registered, i will send an e-mail to my BB address, try texting and calling someone to make sure the main features work. I will also try GMaps on my way home.
    09-26-08 04:29 PM
    Hope everything works out for you
    09-26-08 05:02 PM
    Hope everything works out for you
    I second that. There is nothing worse than a dead BB. Well, there are a few things; however, I cannot think of them right now.
    09-28-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD