Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Car Charge for Pearl, does it work for the Curve?

I'm switching from a Pearl to a Curve, do they use the same car chargers?
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

I don't have a definite answer but I would think it would. As long as it has a miniUSB connector. The power requirements are universal.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

I did switch from the Pearl to the Curve, and yes, the same car charger works for both.
    Rachael
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

........not to be rude, but isn't it obvious it is the same? Most anything that charges via USB will be the same.
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.

USB connector doesn't necessarily mean it will charge a BB properly. Varying rates of charge, voltage output may not be suitable for a BB. If the charger is made for a BB, it will work for other BB's. (of similar age)
    CrackBerry Newbie

The USB charger for my Garmin fits, but it doesn't work. The charger for my wife's Pearl works for my Curve.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    244DAC65

Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    ........not to be rude, but isn't it obvious it is the same? Most anything that charges via USB will be the same.
    Actually this is not always the case. The charging cords for my Blackberry's and my wife's Razr look almost exactly alike yet mine will not charge hers and vice versa.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts

Yeah, it'll work.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request

Yes. I switched from a Pearl to a Curve. It works.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    249F7DCD

Quote Originally Posted by rschwalbe View Post
    Actually this is not always the case. The charging cords for my Blackberry's and my wife's Razr look almost exactly alike yet mine will not charge hers and vice versa.
    Are you sure because I just used the one from my Razer V3 and it charged my BB. I also used the travel charger from the Razer V3 and that also works.

What got me is I plugged it into the car charger. The yellow light was flashing on my BB. I go get something to eat and within 10min the phone is charged? That was fast and I am wondering if this might be a problem
    Feel the Sunshine on your Face.

Never forget my Brothers who gave their lives at WTC 09-11-01..FDNY/EMS/NYPD/PAPD
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    To HE double L with this Government.
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.

Safest way is to use the designated cord for any device, but BB model to different BB model should be fine. I wouldn't advise brand to brand switching, just in case - why risk it?