I just recently picked up a 8330 curve from Verizon a couple days ago. I noticed that I can not view images that I save (2gb mini sd card).

I can't view the images that I already had on the card, can't view images that I save from a text (although I can see them in the text itself), and can't view images that I take with the camera on the phone itself.

I open up "my pictures" and I can see the image list. If I switch to thumbnail view I can even see the images, but when I go to view the image the screen either goes black, gives me a tiny red x, or says "Unable to display file /Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/IMAGENAME.jpg". I can however view the images that came with the phone, the wallpapers.

I also can't view any videos or listen to any ringtones or sounds I already had on the car. I am assuming that is because they're in an unrecognized file type. Most of the videos are quicktime I believe.

Things I already tried:
    -battery pull
    -wipe phone clean
    -install desktop manger software to load all apps and update

Is there some update I am missing or an application that will allow me to view these things? Verizon has been no help whatsoever and expect me to come in so they can wipe the phone clean and reinstall the software themselves. Which is the only thing they can think to do, otherwise they are clueless.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry for the wall of text.
    11-21-08 03:34 PM
    DO they work fine on your device memory? If they do I would back up anything you have on the card and format it (while its in the BB).
    11-21-08 03:37 PM
    DO they work fine on your device memory? If they do I would back up anything you have on the card and format it (while its in the BB).
    I get the same errors if it is saved on the device or on the card.
    11-21-08 04:10 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your phone then.
    11-21-08 04:18 PM
    Looks like I'll head to verizon then.
    11-21-08 04:20 PM
    Did Verizon get your phone fixed? I've had the exact same problems for about 3 months now. Actually the phone was like that when I bought it, which was about 3 months ago. When I went to VW, they said load the new os system and that should fix it, but it didn't.
    01-19-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD