I have a 8320... I tried to upgrade to 4.5 and it basically wiped my sim card clean and did not load the os properly. It loaded it, but there were no icons. It was just a white screen with a bunch of black and white icons that looked like globes. Calendar didn't work and many other things. I went ahead and wiped it clean like the instructions on other sites have said. I used the Jl_cmder or whatever its' called.

Now I'm trying to go back to 4.2 and it keeps getting to the loading of the apps and then my device will disconnect. It won't stay connected for more than 30 seconds. So then I say retry for about 10 minutes and then it will eventually re-connect only to disconnect in about 30 seconds. I don't know what the problem is, but it is frustrating. It did this when I upgraded to 4.5 also... Now I have teh 507 error like I want on the screen, but it's impossible to put the stupid OS on.

Does anybody know of a way to keep my blackberry connected or is it a device issue? I posted the picture of the error message I get. Do I need to call Blackberry or can ATT install the OS for me? I need my phone... not to mention it deleted all of my contacts the first time around although it said it created a backup somewhere.
    06-05-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD