I am currently running 4.5.0.77 (101) and downloaded and installed 4.5.0.131 (188)-. I deleted vendor.xml and ran the desktop software. Once the DM loads, it shows the .131 software available and gives the option to update now. I choose to update now, and it goes into the app loader like normal. Then it scans for device software updates again. This is where it gets weird, once it finishes, it says that no device software update is required. If I then restart the app loader and choose update software, the .131 no longer shows up, only the .77 is shown. Am I doing something wrong?
    02-13-09 12:42 AM
    did you remove .77 from your control panel on your pc ?
    02-13-09 12:47 AM
    nope, i didn't realize that was necessary. I didn't have to do it last time i updated, but maybe i just don't remember doing it. Anyway, Thanks!
    02-13-09 12:51 AM
    also take a look at the proper upgrade link in my signature. can't hurt to read some lol
    02-13-09 12:53 AM
    What version of DM are you using?
    02-13-09 06:11 AM
    You can also try using CrackMem (written by Pete6, one of the mods here), it will make upgrades much easier. Do a search for it. Highly recommended.
    02-13-09 08:49 AM
    I always recommend CrackMem for updating. It makes it a breeze and optimizes your memory at the same time. I have a link to it in my sig, try that and I'm sure your updating will go smoothly and you won't even have to delete the old OS as CrackMem recognizes both and allows you to choose which one to use.

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 08:58 AM
    I'm using the newest DM, and I did read the upgrade stuff before I tried. This is the third upgrade that I've attempted. 4.3 to 4.5 beta to 4.5 official, and now to 4.5 beta again. This is the only one that did not work. I'm upgrading again because the memory leakes are too bad. I'll try crackmem and see if that helps, I'll post again with my results shortly. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:13 PM
    well, crackmem helped, but i had to wipe my device, then reload the new os. Now i have more problems. Docs to go, brickbreaker, and other apps did not install with the os. When i go back into the app loader, it shows them, but it wants to downgrade my os when i try to install just the apps. Any suggestions?
    02-14-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD