I have the T-Mobile edition of the Blackberry Curve.

A few weeks ago, my Blackberry would almost always default to UMA whenever I had a Wifi connection as far as I could tell. Now I can never get a UMA connection (and I do have it set to "WiFi Preferred"), and when I go to "manage connections" I never get better than the yellow minus sign for my WiFi connection, even though I can still browse the internet using the WiFi connection (I don't have a data plan).

Are there any settings I might have tampered with or anything else that could cause this problem? The only thing I could think of was that I accidentally unset the "WiFi Preferred" option in "mobile network options", but that was not the case. It is still set to "WiFi Preferred", with data services "On".

Thanks in advance for any help.
    03-19-09 03:37 AM
    Never mind, I tried doing a "hard restart" by removing the battery and putting it back in and now it's working normally again. I know I should have tried this before posting, but it was actually the posting that sparked my memory of this trick, since I remembered reading a couple other threads here and it seemed to be what you guys always suggested first =|
    03-19-09 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD