Hey everyone!

I have the Curve 8320. I originally had a palm pilot as my PIM. I wanted to sync that info with my blackberry so I can use that as a standalone. I tried syncing thru the desktop manager and after several minutes I received an error in a "Smartheap" box that stated there was not enough memory to complete the action. It gave me the options of abort, retry, or ignore. I figured it was true and went out and purchased a 1gig card to assist. I'm not sure how to get the info to download on to the card or if it recognizes it is there, but when I attempted the same thing again it came back with the same error.

Please help!

Trhonda
    08-12-08 01:26 PM
    Make sure you have the latest bb manager.

The bb manager only transfers the palm to the bb. It does not sync btw the two handhelds. You might try companionlink for that. However it has problems with the contacts mapping the multiple palm fields and the multi selectable field labels.
    As for the heap mem prob, you might havr too much in your calendar in the palm. It can keep appts for everm you would want to purge the old stuff. Also make sure no other progs are running, esp like photoshop or excel. A fresh reboot before running a mem intense prog is a good practice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 02:14 PM
    this was something that i had problems with and never figured out, so i just entered everything manually into my blackberry... they way i looked at it was: at least it'll ge tme used to the keyboard and menus quickly. heh.
    08-12-08 02:47 PM
    Ok I tried syncing with the csv file but I am getting the following error: Error code: 0x80040057 Check documentation. Any suggestions?
    08-13-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD