ok just got a black berry curve 8310 from AT&T, got the Bberry data plan and everything. Now im trying to set up my email, but the only options in the setup wizard are Set Up enterprise Email or Skip email setup.. how would i go about setting up a personal email account?

oh and, at&t navigator, it says standard data charges will apply.... does this mean they charge me ontop of my unlimited data plan for each use? or they are saying that if i dont have a data plan? i just used my navigator trial for about an hour so i want to make sure i wont freak out when my bill comes
    02-05-09 10:27 PM
    It sounds like you are on BES.. You need to switch to BIS..
    02-05-09 10:28 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    02-05-09 10:29 PM
    And when you go to the email setup icon on your bb.. it doesnt give you an option to sign into your BIS login to setup email accounts.?
    02-05-09 10:29 PM
    It sounds like you are on BES.. You need to switch to BIS..
    Sometimes the set up wizard will do what the OP described if you're not on a BES and service books haven't gotten pushed to the device.

Like I said, try a battery pull, and then double check with ATT that you're on the right data plan ($29.99/month specifically for Blackberry).
    02-05-09 10:31 PM
    And when you go to the email setup icon on your bb.. it doesnt give you an option to sign into your BIS login to setup email accounts.?
    It probably doesn't even have the email setup icon available. I ran into this setting up one of my supervisor's 8310's on ATT.
    02-05-09 10:32 PM
    It probably doesn't even have the email setup icon available. I ran into this setting up one of my supervisor's 8310's on ATT.
    what he said^^^ and whats bis and bes
    02-05-09 10:36 PM
    Pretty much BIS is personal use
    BES is corporate use

Try a battery pull and if that doesnt work, call ATT and have them push your service books..
    02-05-09 10:41 PM
    BIS= Blackberry Internet Service, Personal e-mail
    BES=Blackberry Enterprise Service, a work e-mail kind of thing.

If you don't have the "Set up e-mail" icon, then you need to call AT&T and make sure you have the blackberry package, and it's set up correctly, my husbands was set up wrong by AT&T and we had to call and get it fixed...
    02-05-09 10:44 PM
    Pretty much BIS is personal use
    BES is corporate use

Try a battery pull and if that doesnt work, call ATT and have them push your service books..
    ok.. and i really dont feel like calling att again, i called them 5 times today cause they kept adding the wrong data plan to my account.
    02-05-09 10:44 PM
    Lol.. Aww i work for At&t.. Im sorry to hear that.. But that is what you will have to do unfortunately..
    02-05-09 10:48 PM
    also when i googled this problem i found a page on this website that led me to www . att . com/blackberrystart and that kept telling me my PIN or IMEI was wrong when i tried to create an account and now it says my account has been suspended contact your supervisor
    02-05-09 10:49 PM
    Have your tried going to your "settings", then to "advanced options", then down to "host routing table" then click the menu icon, and then select "Register"?

It can't hurt anything...

Edit:
    But it sounds like you'll need to contact AT&T and ask them what features are on your account, you should have either BlackBerry personal bundle, BlackBerry Personal with 200 messages, or Blackberry personal, if you don't have one of the three, you need to tell them to change it to a "Blackberry" Internet plain, if it is, you need to tell them that it's not on your phone, and they need to get in system and add it correctally.
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 02-05-09 at 10:55 PM.
    02-05-09 10:50 PM
    Have your tried going to your "settings", then to "advanced options", then down to "host routing table" then click the menu icon, and then select "Register"?

It can't hurt anything...
    i did a few times... it said something about sending a message, but i never got any messages
    02-05-09 10:51 PM
    Yea, Your gonna have to call customer support and get them to manually push your service books to your phone.. and make sure that you are on a bis blackberry data plan..
    02-05-09 10:52 PM
    Yea, Your gonna have to call customer support and get them to manually push your service books to your phone.. and make sure that you are on a bis blackberry data plan..
    i think i am.. when i called att earlier it said thank you for calling business customer support. can i set up personal email with a business plan? i have an employee discount with my job so thats why im on a business account.
    02-05-09 10:54 PM
    I'm on a business account and have a Blackberry personal bundle, so you need to make sure you have a internet plain FOR blackberry, the media net will not work. If you have e-mail through your work, you'll need to make sure that is set up right as well.

(See my last edit on the first page to about the blackberry personal plains)
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 02-05-09 at 11:00 PM.
    02-05-09 10:58 PM
    You can still be on BIS and get an employee discount.
    Was your phone giving to you buy your job. ?
    02-05-09 10:59 PM
    You can still be on BIS and get an employee discount.
    Was your phone giving to you buy your job. ?
    no, i work at a grocery store lol. i bought the phone today. and added an BlackBerry Personal Unlimited w/ Messaging for 50$/mo. it even says on my ATT accnt that i have the bb data plan.

would a master reset work? like would it redownload all the stuff i need from the carrier?

and yea my MediaNET works. i can browse the web and such. just theres nothing to set up an email account
    02-05-09 11:04 PM
    Yes, I have a monthly discount on my phone, have a BIS account.

My phone wasn't given to me via my job, it yours was, then you may need to have a BES account through your work, I don't know too much about the BES accounts, but I'm sure someone here can tell you about them. (Don't know if you mean me or not.. lol)

Your best bet is to call AT&T and ask them what's on your account.
    02-05-09 11:04 PM
    no, i work at a grocery store lol. i bought the phone today. and added an BlackBerry Personal Unlimited w/ Messaging for 50$/mo. it even says on my ATT accnt that i have the bb data plan.

would a master reset work? like would it redownload all the stuff i need from the carrier?

and yea my MediaNET works. i can browse the web and such. just theres nothing to set up an email account

It really sounds like they didn't set up the account correctly, That's what my husbands problem was.

Because if you don't get a text after registering the Host Routing Table, you're internet is NOT set up correctally.

Hope they get you figured out.
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 02-05-09 at 11:09 PM.
    02-05-09 11:06 PM
    It really sounds like they didn't set up the account correctly, That's what my husbands problem was.
    ugh... i really hate calling them... i guess ill have to do it tomorrow.. hopefully i can get it fixed on the 1st try with a person that actually can understand English.
    02-05-09 11:09 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

have you tried logging into this site.. This is the bis site
    02-05-09 11:11 PM
    They May still be open, I've called them really late a few times.

I hope they get it figured out.
    02-05-09 11:11 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

have you tried logging into this site.. This is the bis site
    it says my account is suspended when i try to create a new account

They May still be open, I've called them really late a few times.

I hope they get it figured out.
    they close at 9 i think but they do have a late night #, ill have to give it a try.
    02-05-09 11:15 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD